Thoughts on Coronavirus/Covid19

In Canada, the essential care workers (doctors, nurses, retirement homes and related staff) are getting vaccinated 1st. I fell into this group as I’m a caregiver for my 89 year old Mom. BTW my Mom just received her 2nd shot. :slight_smile:

Next up will be the general masses by age. +80, then +70 then +60 etc. We apply by appointment only, and must show personal identification for record keeping.

2 Likes

Well I hope our barber shop doesn’t close for good. I need a hair cut bad. :haircut_man: :smile:
Six months now without a cut because of covid.

2 Likes

I’ve received my 1st shot also. Have my 2nd in just over a week. As a teacher, I was able to get in after the elderly and health care workers.

• Paul
2 Likes

I am 56. No risk class. In Italy this could mean I will get my dose in October (!).
I am thinking to have a summer holiday somewhere to pay a dose. Israel? Switzerland?

There is always Zimbabwe. They just received 200,000 doses from China, and are buying 1.2 million more at a discounted rate. BUT it is the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine, which was developed in China. That is, if you trust a Chinese vaccine. :grin:

Johnson and Johnson’s single-dose, “high temp” (Freezer, not can of LN…) storage vaccine was just approved, which should improve service in rural areas.

A couple of gems I found when boringly searching YouTube while in lockdown.

I grew up with these guys and performed warm up on several of their shows throughout the years. Most of them are gone now. Jim is still touring.

3 Likes

I am not against any vaccine. It must be tested and authorized by European authorities. Chinese and Russian companies didn’t start this registration phase. I prefer to rely on this scientific approach. J&J should be authorized very soon: they delivered all necessary information

Haven’t had any shots yet but many relatives have reported that they felt a little under the weather starting about 24 hours after the second shot and better after a nights rest following that.

For some people, the second shot of the mrna vaccine can be brutal - fever, chills, headaches, aches etc… for 24-72 hours. But that’s not a reason not to get it, just be prepared for it and plan accordingly.

My GP said the 2nd dose was pretty rough, but he encouraged me to go for it, which I am tomorrow. :mask:

2 Likes

I’m on the list here in the Boston Mnts …

Dave

2 Likes

Got the first Moderna a few hrs. ago, so we’ll see how it goes. My wife had a sore arm the first shot and was deathly sick for 2 days after the second. Whatever happens, it beats the hell out of a stay in the hospital…or worse

2 Likes

I miss the Boston Mountains. Used to ride the Pig Trail on my Harley at least once every year.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

My band mates and me used social distancing for the studio recordings & some cloud transfers to exchange tracks and produced our first original studio style album. It took about a year & I did the engineering & mastering here at my mountain home in Arkansas using my DAW & a lot of VST technology. It was one way we in our group used to cope with what amounted to a tragedy on many levels yet unrealized. Concerts I sponsored cancelled, our club & restaurant music jobs gone, some with family & friends ill, local businesses shuttering and the loss of dear old friends and acquaintances. Suffice it to say it was emotional for us all.

Songs are so many things to all of us and to me this is a collection of just plain old folk & rock songs in the spirit of entertaining & bringing a smile or a toe tap to those who heard it.

Bless you all … Oh, & busting a move is allowed too if you’re feeling it!

Dave

I had put a Pandora link for those who are members if they wanted a listen for free but changed to a Hearnow link for those who may have other sources that includes the Pandora link. Here it is …

It is also available on YouTube under EarthBone Mother Tree for your search

4 Likes

Excellent Album!! The other side of Dave… :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

You and the band have written some great songs! If I hired your band I would ask you to play the album from start to finish.

Doug

1 Like

Dave,

Pandora did not permit me to access (area limits, I guess), so I had to cheat, hope this is not a serious crime. That said, excellent work. May I ask which Hammond you used?

Thanks Paulo, B-3X on all organ work

1 Like

Thanks Doug,

I wish we could do it too some time but I don’t know if or when at this point. I’m glad you liked it!

Dave