Organ Plugins - Opinions?

Blue 3 killed it last night. Really had fun with it. Still love VB3 and B5, but this one definitely has something going for it.

Corky

1 Like

Will try it out sometime :slight_smile:

This from GSI (VB3) facebook:

Since 2008 GSi has been collaborating with Crumar for creating some very exciting hardware instruments with both the GSi and Crumar brands. Weā€™ll be releasing something new by the end of this yearā€¦ What will it be?.. :slight_smile:

This is one of the comments:

VB3 update? x64 on OSX? Fixed crash when using ā€œnew-147ā€ model? Sound affecting parameters brought into the program instead of set globally (which causes old projects to change sound when you tweak a setting)? Ringing frequencies eliminated in the spring reverb model? :smiley:

My comments:
Hopefully VB3 V2 software

Corky

3 Likes

Bring on VB3 V2. I agree Corky.

Hmmmā€¦ a lot of time left before ā€œthe end of the year!ā€ Iā€™m torn about actually popping $100 on the Blue3. Although maybe it doesnā€™t matter because Iā€™m not about to start changing my song setups before this next run of gigs. I wonder how much (if anything) the bump up to VB3 V2 will be.

VB3 is still ā‚¬ 50.00, but who knows what may happen to the price with V2. The thing is, V2 has been in existence for at least 2 yrs. It is in their hardware instruments. This from GSI site:

The Crumar Mojo is a self-contained stand-alone tonewheel organ simulator with its own sound generator based on a Intel computer running a special version of VB3 version 2.

The Mojo had a VB3 update in March 2017 to version 2.33.

I knew that what was in the Crumars was more advanced than VB3. Sounds amazing too. Iā€™d happily pay for the upgradeā€¦ still beats buying the Mojo! Huh, so itā€™s literally running as a software instrument. Sounds like all he has to do it hit the button and release the dang thing to us!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg

1 Like

I stand corrected. It has been out for at least 5 yrs. The video is from 2012 with Mojo and was loaded with VB3v2. I remember Guido saying the GUI was the difficult part of the development.

The gush fest continuesā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was wonderingā€¦ itā€™s about the only thing that would differentiate it from whatā€™s in the Mojo. Dang man, how hard is it! Hire someone! Put it out!

1 Like

Iā€™ve long suspected some sort of politics involved with the V2 release. I donā€™t buy the whole GUI argument. I reckon it is simply to satisfy his hardware partners. If the software is released stand alone, that would eat into hardware sales.

1 Like

I agree that this is the most likely reason. At the end of the day there is a serviceable GUI in the old version, and do we really need a VSTi to look like a battered old piece of furniture? :wink:

2 Likes

If so thatā€™s flawed reasoning, imo. Badly flawed. If you want hardware, and can afford it youā€™ll buy it, If not you wonā€™t. Releasing the vst will generate sales but I about guarantee that ā€œHey, I guess Iā€™ll buy that $4,000 100 pound thing and lug it around because v2 of the vst isnā€™t out yet!ā€ said NO ONE. EVER.

1 Like

If I got to the point to buy a Mojo or DMC-122, I would probably just buy back my B3 or my Porta-B. Although, the DMC-122 has many other instruments in it. The DMC-122 is a hardware version of GSIā€™s Key Performer, which I used to use a lot.

Looks really interesting Corky, thanks for the alert. Iā€™m assuming all controls are easily midi-assigned?

@LeesKeys

Hi Lee. Yes they are. Free fully working demo to download if you want to try itā€¦just some occasional noise because of demo. I am really enjoying itā€¦thinking about making it a part of my 3 Hammond arsenal.

Cheers

Corky

1 Like

Download, installation, purchase and registration were absolutely painless. High quality sounds with lots of presets for jazz, rock and gospel. Uses very low system resources (around 12% on my laptop). Very easy to set up a rack with Blue3 presets. Have hardly scratched the surface with tweaks. I will definitely be using Blue3 regularly.

2 Likes

Just finished reading the userā€™s manual for Blue3. Conversational and easy to understand but very informative. I get the impression that the author knows A LOT about the innards of the real item and how itā€™s circuits and parts work together.

4 Likes

It looks like the company is there just to sell that one thing, so he must take it pretty seriously. My only gripe so far is that Iā€™d like to have more Leslie models, but the hot-rod Leslie sounds really good. Different Leslie models makes more difference in the sound to me in the long run than the subtle differences between a dozen or so Hammond models- not that that isnā€™t cool to have.

1 Like

Spoiled, arenā€™t we? I didnā€™t have so many choices of leslies or organ models. I was very, very lucky to actually have a B3 and a 122 in 1970. :rofl:

PS ā€¦and walk to school 25 miles, uphill both ways. This is a Curmudgeon moment. :joy:

1 Like