Many thanks to forum members

Are you in the SF Bay Area?

Yes, Iā€™m in San Jose.

@bartok2112 Then you probably heard of the Livewire Cover band. An excellent cover band for sure.

Already binged Ozark as soon as the third season came out. My favorite line from the first one is ā€œthe sound of your lover splatting on the pavement is the only thing that gets me through the dayā€

If youā€™re looking for another one try Dead To Me. Extremely entertaining

1 Like

Humbled that you even thought of me ā€“ a part-time cover band musician who does this as a hobby ā€“ in addition to the other names on this list. Needless to say that your contributions, especially in the Hammond B-3 clone ecosystem, are legendary!

2 Likes

Hi Corky - Thank you! for all the help youā€™ve provided. I think the light is at the end of this tunnel and as a certified Pollyanna I think weā€™re going to bounce back from this better than ever :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, what a display of good spirit! I want to join in saying many many Thanks to the whole group of users who post their help, advice, tips, opinions, inspirations, questions and creations. The world is a vast place, full of different music and culture but my experience here has made it feel a lot closer. Cantabile 3 has been the most collaborative software development for live music I know of by virtue of the contributers and by Bradā€™s wishes to have this Forum and the Trello board and I really must thank him for that generosity.

3 Cheers!

Dave

5 Likes

Bless you my son!
Yeah and the years of digital music making Iā€™ve learned so much here. Love it you guys, always ready with advice and a joke!

Hi @Corky

hi community,

Thank you very much for mentioning me ā€“ means a lot to me. As this thread seems to be a bit off topic which I like and as I saw some insides from some of you, here is my little story:

Even though I have been quite busy reading all of the great threads in this forum (and from while to while also taking part in some of the conversation) in the past I have been absent for a while. Similar to many others here I see cantabile forum as my ā€œhomeā€ forum with friends being around.

The reason for not being active for a while were some drawbacks that got me by the balls for the last months. In October I had to learn that the trouble with my back had a serious reason and doctor`s diagnosis was a slip disk. At hospital they tried to stabilize this for one and have a weak without success and I had to accept a surgery. In consequence I was in rahab till mid of December.

When I got back home, I brought along an influence and infected my wife who was suffering from COPD. She died on 26th of December we buried her on 3rd of January. A week later I had to give away my dog (you see his picture in my logo). I had everything prepared to let him stay with me. But he dramatically suffered from the loss of my wife. So, I decided to give him to our dog keeper who really loves him ā€“ he is fine again and lucky.

When all this was done, I decided to do a complete restart and ā€“ voila ā€“ corona ante portasā€¦

All this may sound really bad but to be serious: it doesnt feel that bad. I have learned quite some lessons during the last months. One of them is my life was really good during the last 26 years which was not so clear for me (this was the time me and my wife were living together) and Im really thankful for every minute we had. I also don`t look back in anger or sorrow. I think this is part of our life (and it would be quite boring if everything would be ideal on every day).

This said youll probably dont wonder when I say: corona is only an episode in my life and it will either pass or I will learn how to live with it. To not be misunderstood: I absolutely feel with those suffering or dying from SARS Cov2 (and I have to confess: here in Germany thinks are much more relaxed than in any other country).

But I also have to say (and this is of course my very personal point of view): strange and wonderful things have happened since. People I next to never had social contact with began to care for me and others. Neighbours not talking to each other suddenly began to be helpful. Everything seems to be a little bit more warm-hearted and careful and surprisingly I also see a change at me: things being very important in the past became small, others came into focus.

I have the luck to not have lost my job (I`m only a hobby musician and my profession is electronics development) and at the moment I can easily manage everything from home office.

So, all in all: many things have happened during the last months, much has changed but I`m happy with the situation as is looking forward and happy to be back in the family.

Kind regards, Volker (Humphrey) :grinning:

7 Likes

Volker,

I have been the recipient of your kind help over the years I have been interested in Cantabile and while I am hurt by and very sorry for your loss I am also happy that your are having that kindness you showed returned to you by those around you in this personal hard time. Thanks so much for your message of resilience in troubled times, it was very much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Dave

3 Likes

Hi, Volker.

I am so sorry for your problems/losses which all seem to have come together for you, but I am heartened that you have a positive attitude towards it. Life has to e lived, and that means the bad with the good as well, but you will always have the good memories.

4 Likes

@Volker/Humphreyā€¦first off, my sincere condolences for the loss of your wife. I think it would be hard for any of us here to imagine how difficult that must have been/must be. Being a fellow back surgery veteran, I can completely empathize with that portion of your circumstances. Having to give away your 4 legged companion because he was not able to get over the loss of your wife must have also been extremely difficult for you. I am truly glad as Iā€™m sure you are to hear that he has been ale to overcome this loss and is prospering. Dogs are truly remarkable and resilient, but you have shown incredible resiliency yourself. Like a boxer, you have picked yourself up off the canvas and are ready to fight another round and more. To have such a positive outlook after having lived through the circumstances of the last 8 months is truly a testament to your character. Itā€™s good to have you back and Iā€™m sure I can speak for all when I say we all have your back.

4 Likes

Volker, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is tragic, and I am glad you are dealing with it the best you can. You will definitely be in my thoughts.
My wife left me after 30 years of marriage, without explanation, and completely destroyed our family. I was devastated for the next 2 years, until I manned up and faced my new life. The only thing that got me thru was my music. Listened to a ton of BB King CDā€™s, and, in particular Pink Floydā€™s ā€œComing Back To Lifeā€.

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
And where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me

While you were hanging yourself on someone elseā€™s words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted

Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straightā€¦ into the shining sun

I felt every lyric, but then the last line: ā€œAnd headed straightā€¦ into the shining sunā€ gave me inspiration to move on.

I canā€™t even imagine what you went thru, and I surely cannot compare anything I felt during that time to your tragedy. I know how hard it was for me, and I believe your grief had to be 100 times harder than anything I went thru. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for sharing, and welcome back home. :+1:

Many regards

Corky

4 Likes

Volker, Iā€™m not realy eloquent and I tend to think that generally words suck and are inadequate. So I just have to go with Iā€™m very sorry to hear about all that, and Iā€™m very glad youā€™re finding coping mechanisms to deal with it all.

4 Likes

So sorry Volker, for the difficult times that youā€™ve endured. Life has so many twists & turns. I know you are wearing a deep scar now, but I can assure you sunnier days are in front of you.

Iā€™m a relative newbie here, and see you are one of the originals on the C3 forums.
My deepest respect, and
Best Wishes going forward.

Daveā€¦

1 Like

Just to cut it short: many thanks for all the condulences and wishes - that`s really kind.:fu:
As stated before: all this is what life is about (and death is simply a part of it).:slightly_smiling_face:
Finally: music took and will take us through all the good and bad times :grinning:

Kind regards, Volker

5 Likes

Well hereā€™s some good news- my church gig is back! Starting next weekā€¦ the BAD news is that to accomodate smaller congregations theyā€™ll go to 3 Sunday morning services and they want us to get there at 6:30 AM :stuck_out_tongue: But heck, at least I can hang out with everyone and play again!

6 Likes

Hopefully you have a cup holder for your keys. 6:30 is a hideous hour, but being able to play again will help

Although I just joint the forum, Iā€™m a long date musician, since I was 10yo. I hope to be able to help someone.
Please sorry my poor slang english. Luckily, my terrible spoken english, is not essential here :wink:

2 Likes

@cpaolo

You are doing just fine! Stai andando benissimo!

1 Like