How Not To End A Gig

When the Finale becomes VERY final. I would not recommend this to anyone. A new definition of “killing it” at the gig.

1 Like

Wow. I hope you make a full recovery.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff, was not expecting this for sure. Going through many tests this week, and taking it easy. Really appreciate my bandmates and their quick reactions.

1 Like

Oh my, best wishes and hope you will get well pretty quick.

1 Like

Hi Corky.
I am truly sorry, I am very close to you.
Get well soon my friend!!!
Sergio

1 Like

Like the others I am very sorry you fell ill. I wish you a speedy recovery and some more healthy days ahead.

Much Love Doug, you are an inspiration …

Dave

1 Like

So sorry to hear! Best wishes for a quick recovery!

• David
1 Like

Many Thanks Dave. I was loading out. My bandmates were were very scared, but quickly acted. They secured my equipment and my vehicle. I was unresponsive, no pulse, no breathing, eyes rolled back in my head, soaking wet from sweat, and gray skin. Paramedics revived me, I tried to vomit a few times, and I spent the night in ER. Many tests to take, but am doing much better at home. My GP thinks my blood pressure bottomed out. Anyway, not the way I intended to finish the night. :grin:

1 Like

:scream::fearful::exploding_head:

get well soon - best wishes!

Torsten

1 Like

Very unfortunate news you gave us Corky.
Hoping you have a quick recovery!

Dave C.

1 Like

:scream: :astonished:
Sorry to hear about that, @Corky! I really wish you a speedy recovery! I hope you will get better quite soon, so you can get back to music!
A big hug!
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @Corky,

best wishes from here. I keep my fingers crossed that you get fully recovered and that the crap doesn’t last too long.

Against the pain I drink a few glasses of beer to your health.

All the best, so that you can hit the keys again soon,

Cheers, Volker

1 Like

Heck! Just get yourself well - nothing else matters.

Sending best wishes.

1 Like

Much love to you guys! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Likewise. Best wishes, Corky. Hope you are OK. I’ve had my own health scare over the past year, but that was at least “slow burn”, and the first time I have been in hospital since I was 16. So I count that as not bad going…

And like humphrey. I will drink a glass of wine tonight to your good health :slight_smile:

1 Like

PS: I do not know why, but on reading your predicament, the “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” just popped into my mind, esp as I have just watched it recently (the classic 70s series, not the dreadful 2005 film).

Why? The band Disaster Area

Disaster Area are a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and are generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Disaster Area are fronted by Hotblack Desiato and their best selling single was released on Earth under the band name PRISM and is titled Spaceship Superstar.
Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet.

Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band’s public address system contravenes local strategic arms limitations treaties.

This has not, however, stopped their earnings from pushing back the boundaries of hypermathematics, and their chief research accountant has recently been appointed Professor of Neomathematics at the the University of Maximegalon, in recognition of both his General and his Special Theories of Disaster Area Tax Returns, in which he proves that the whole fabric of the space-time continuum is not merely curved, it is in fact totally bent.

But why did it pop into my mind? Apologies for the macabre humour, but I think you will get it it: It is the fact that when Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect bump into Hotblack Desiato at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, he is spending a year being dead for tax reasons… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don’t go getting ideas…

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Off-Topic:
Canadian Band, PRISM :
On March 6, 2011, Prism’s “Spaceship Superstar” was chosen as the wake up song for the Space Shuttle Discovery crew members.

2 Likes

Corky…so sorry to hear about your night ending on a bad note :notes:. Hope you make a full recovery and are back to gigging soon. Two words: Equipment Sherpa. I’m surprised to not see a controller on your tray table. :grin: Get well soon bro…

1 Like

All the best dude!
So glad to hear you’re on the mend.

1 Like