Forum members' shows and tour dates

Try saying

“Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch“

Which is a real Welsh place. It means

“St Mary’s church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the fierce whirlpool of St Tysilio of the red cave”

PS. Hope that new IQ album is getting closer

1 Like

Yes, but as always in an interesting and entertaining way, Thanks @Corky for the extra stories!

Dave

Relatives were touring castles around Cardiff this summer and the only photo they sent was of a sign for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

1 Like

It’s spelled “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch” but it’s pronounced “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerykwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoh”.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pronunciation - I had it all wrong :grinning:

Playing at Castle Party* this Friday, the place is amazing. This is today’s photo of the stage being constructed. Keep fingers crossed for the weather (rain is possible) and for the good performance of my Cantabile setup! :wink:

If, by any chance, any of you will be there, feel free to come to the main stage at Friday, 4PM. :smiley:

*largest “dark independent” (gothic, post punk, darkwave, coldwave etc.) festival in Poland. TBH, I played there already, 15 years ago, but still excited :wink:

7 Likes

That looks AMAZING! Congrats!

1 Like

No live shows by anyone? :wink:

Should you be in Poland in November by any chance, feel free to come to two gigs, where I’ll be playing with basnia, of course using Cantabile :smiley:

Chrysta Bell / basnia - 11 Nov., Praga Centrum; Warsaw
Whispering Sons / basnia - 28 Nov., Hydrozagadka; Warsaw

2 Likes

Also - our short compilation video from Castle Party (this cool medieval castle stage 3 posts above :wink: )

1 Like

I have a few IQ shows coming up…

Dec 6 - The Garage, London, United Kingdom
Dec 14 - Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
Jan 11, 2020 - The Met, Bury, United Kingdom
Jan 24, 2020 - Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
Jan 25, 2020 - Turbinenhalle Oberhausen, Oberhausen, Germany

More info here: https://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/on-tour

4 Likes

We’ll probably do something in Feb/March next year leading up to the next Cruise to the edge…

Hmmm, that’s close - I’m tempted to drop by and see the show.

Any chance for a pre-show on-stage gear inspection?
(and of course a beer after the show?)

Cheers,

Torsten

BTW: for the German crowd: another “Mind The Gap” show this Friday in Cologne, Papa Joe’s Jazzlokal ("Streckstrump), starting around 20:30

If you’re in or around Cologne, drop by and have a beer or two…

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

I’m keeping my eye on that Bury gig as the closest point of approach to Wales, and it not being London :wink:

Just need to persuade the missus it is worth a weekend away… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course! Definitely come along if you can, it would be great to finally meet you. You can check out the gear and we can talk Cantabile-tech!! PM me nearer the time and we can coordinate stuff.

Yes, it’s not too far from Wales…as long as the M6 is clear…

Neil

1 Like

Great topic :blush:

I’ll post the websites of my bands because otherwise it would be a long listing. All is located in belgium.

Www.chezkit.be
Www.vippartyband.be
Www.dasrock.be
www.thexperience.be (with Reaper)
Www.Depechemore.eu (with Reaper)

You’re welcome on a concert or maybe when you’re doing holidays in Belgium. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For Italian Cantabile users here are the next date of my band:

Nov 13 2019 h 21:00 Teatro Sociale - Como (CO)
Nov 16 2019 h 21:00 P.A.R. Polifunzionale - Opera (MI)

Fabry

It is my best gig, usually twice a year, benefit project.
I will post a pic to show the devices.

2 Likes

Do you guys test at home your full setup before a concert?
I am doing my best in my kitchen…

4 Likes