COVID-19 - When You Least Expect It šŸ˜·

In fact, I am waiting for non-mRNA vaccine, like the AstraZeneca, works in 95 to 100% of cases, can be stored as the common flu vaccine. Well, lots of advantages. About the virus, you are right. Its behavior is erratic, unpredictable, and, even not killing people, infected patients with long term (or lifetime) complications, apparently its target organ, seems to be random: lung, kidney, liver, and who knows what else.

Ditto here.

Iā€™m hoping for cool Spike Protein-based Superpowers, 'cuz we live in the Marvel universe . .

Er . . .That is Iā€™m low enough priority that I expect most of the kinks to be worked out by the time they get around to me.

2 Likes

I respect your opinion of you respect mine.
Science is the new religion, gospeled by the industry.
A cured patient is a client lost.

Looks like mRNA vaccines are a bit less safe than advertised:

While Iā€™m not in the ā€œshort remaining lifespanā€ category (that I know of, lol) Iā€™m definitely waiting for the traditional type vaccines.

1 Like

Oh pleeease, no QAnon conspiracy theories here (Great Reset etc)! And no, in this case I donā€™t respect these opinions. Mad QAnon conspiracy theories are one of the drivers behind what went on at the Washington Capitol - and also some similar crazy stuff here in Germany.

So Iā€™ll ask you - very politely - to NOT propagate this kind of nonsense on this forum here!

And please: ZeroHedge should not be considered a serious source of information - it is essentially a finance blog run by a proven insider trader, running it under a pseudonym from ā€œFight Clubā€. Theyā€™ve been known to peddle obscure theories and lean towards both the radical right and Russiaā€¦Zero Hedge - Wikipedia

So please, letā€™s keep things to music and technology here - and keep conspiracy theories far away from this placeā€¦

Hardly a conspiracy theory.

1 Like

That is ridiculousā€¦they cite their sourcesā€¦ Itā€™s no ā€œconspiracy theoryā€, its called ā€œscienceā€.

Now I will say that anybody that believes everything they read on any particular site is, shall we say, gullible to the extreme. If the shoe fits, wear itā€¦

Concerning your self proclaimed freedom to share your opinions about the so-called ā€œconspiracy theoryā€ that mRNA vaccines are of questionable safety, I suggest you do a little actual research and get back with us.

Concerning your admonition to refrain from any speech other than ā€œmusic and tech onlyā€, I would encourage you to reread your own posts in this thread and delete the ones that donā€™t comply with your own rulesā€¦

1 Like

The original definitely isnā€™t one, but is has been picked up and distorted by the QAnon runners:

The Great Reset is a proposal by the World Economic Forum (WEF) to rebuild the economy sustainably following the COVID-19 pandemic. It was unveiled in May 2020 by the United Kingdomā€™s Prince Charles and WEF director Klaus Schwab.[1][2] It seeks to improve capitalism by making investments more geared toward mutual progress and focusing more on environmental initiatives. A petition in Canada to stop it gained 80,000 signatures in less than 72 hours. A conspiracy theory has spread in response, claiming it will be used to bring in a supposed New World Order

The original idea doesnā€™t frighten me - but in connection with ā€œwhat Gates saysā€, Iā€™m getting nervous.

1 Like

Since I am the OP, I respectfully ask that this not become shit show. NO ONE knows enough about this virus, or the vaccine to accurately state facts. When I originally started this thread, I was frightened, and I wanted everyone know how real this can get very quickly. Since my original post, two of my sons have tested positive. My oldest son spent 6 weeks struggling for air, while hospitals were full, and was rejected 11 times from emergency rooms. I nearly lost him, but it is not over yet.

I ask this thread not become something it is not. Yeah, we got off subject some (usually me), but if I could lock this thread, or just erase it, I would. No need to make this a heated debate. Take it to another site.

Please respect my wishes.

Sincerely

Corky

4 Likes

Works for me :smiley: Hang in there man!

1 Like

Civil discussions about mRNA vaccines, which is at this point in the pandemic, is a quite relevant topic. I cannot help if someone is triggered by a particular site when the same information is available on other sites as well. Personally, I think sharing what is current information is quite a normal and healthy thing to do given the circumstances, and it fits the thread, no? Now that said, I totally agree the QANON stuff doesnā€™t fit your thread, so Iā€™d agree it should go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Just to set the record straight: I didnā€™t say that the thesis that mRNA vaccines are of questionable safety is a conspiracy theory - my message is that I donā€™t consider Zero Hedge a trustworthy source of information. I prefer more ā€œsolidā€ sources, like the Robert Koch Institute, the German Journal of Medicine, etc. Call me gullible if I trust these sources moreā€¦

And I did read the article - there is no science in there, just a sensationalistically worded collection of quotes.

Now Iā€™m definitely outta this discussionā€¦ Just couldnā€™t stay silent - heard too much nonsense recentlyā€¦

Statistics are scienceā€¦ Look, I wasnā€™t trying to promote any goofy conspiracy theory, just putting info I came across out for people to see in the interest of people being armed with as much info as possible to try to live to tell about all of this. Please accept the intention if not the information.

1 Like

Definitely accepted!

Iā€™ve just come across so much misinformation, disinformation and junk science (even from reputable sources) around Covid that it is an automatic reflex for me to check the sources and double-check the content.

Plus, I have to admit that I have a pretty light trigger these days when people propagate freaky theories like Great Reset driving the New World Order or the 5G chip in the vaccine, so apologies if I came across a bit brusqueā€¦

And on a lighter note:

3 Likes

LOL, weā€™re good. I definitely vet all sources of information and always seek multiple sources to corroborate. And sorry for the stern push-back, but you did lump me in with QANON, so what could I do? :rofl:

2 Likes

I had to scroll to the end to see if you were still alive! From what I hear, if the virus doesnā€™t get you, the lizard people and 5G will.
:crazy_face:

1 Like

You know, if you add a flux-capacitor to that circuit, it just might kill covid! LOL :rofl:

1 Like

ā€œThe Great Resetā€ sounds like it should be the title of a prog rock song. Any takers? @FredProgGH ?

2 Likes