Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

More to come tomorrow…some surprises

1 Like

Well so far I’m 2 for 2 :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m glad the one I just brought is not last! :slight_smile:

1 Like

From what I count, looks like, from the comments received, B-came in 1st, E-came in 2nd, and A came in 3rd. So, I shall continue…

Coming in 3rd is “A”, Amplitube Leslie. Here are the settings:

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS:

Pros:
This is my favorite. There seems to be much more “guts” in the amp than the T-Racks version, plus, it is very easy to add a variety amps and fx directly from Amplitube. It may just be the great looking GUI…I just can’t put my finger on it yet. But, I am using it live, and it sounds great. Overall, the IK Multimedia Leslie is the best thing going at this time.

Cons:
Requires Amplitube. For my setup, it adds 5-10% to the song load over T-Racks. Also requires extra work setting bindings for fast/slow/brake.

Disclaimer: This is my limited test. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion and voice an opinion, and provide plug settings. I used ONLY the plugin with no outside enhancements, such as EQ. VB3 II was used for the Hammond sound.

1 Like

Next is E, and yes, it is IK T-Racks Leslie. Why? As you guys heard, and verified, there is a slight difference in the two, even though the settings are mostly identical. It is also evident in live use as well. The settings….

PROS:
Just a great sounding Leslie! Easy to tweak, easy to bind. Really not much to say but…:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

CONS:
I really couldn’t come up with much, so no comment.

Disclaimer: This is my limited test. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion and voice an opinion, and provide plug settings. I used ONLY the plugin with no outside enhancements, such as EQ. VB3 II was used for the Hammond sound.

1 Like

Interesting… I thought A and B sounded very similar apart from the width of the stereo spread. If B turns out to be the T-Racks version then I will do the Spock eyebrow. And if it’s something else I still will.

Edit- OK, things just got real :smiley: :smiley:

The surprise is coming…hold on, and be sitting down. :rofl:

Will there be a pic of the eyebrow?

1 Like

Before I post the last one, I want to thank everyone for responding. It was fun, and has been quite a learning experience for me, and I hope someone will find it useful. I intended to use the Blue3 Spin, GSI Rotary, and VB3 fx, but my time ran out, and most of you Hammondites already know what they sound like. I could add many different outside fx and maybe get a much better Leslie, but I was dedicated to get the best out of what I have. I will be bartering some more studio time soon, and will be experimenting for sure. If I find something interesting, I will share it in a post here.

Many Thanks

Corky

C’mon brah, you’re killing me :smiley: BTW if you ran VB3 through Rotary (Not UVI, I meant the GS1 plug) and it’s different from just VB3 and the internal Leslie you get a double eyebrow.

2 Likes

I can only guess: it’s a recording of the real leslie :slight_smile:

1 Like

And in 1st place…drumroll

UVI ROTARY !!! :sunglasses:

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS:

PROS:
Easy on computer load. Easy to bind. Easy to use controls. As @Torsten pointed out, there is a “woodiness” about it. I haven’t tried this live yet, but will this coming weekend. I bought this when it 1st came out, knowing that Acoustic Samples was working with UVI on a new Leslie for B5. I thought this was what they came up with…don’t really know.
No ILok !!
I guess @terrybritton and I maybe made a good choice when we bought it.

CONS:
Some type of EQ would help this. I find very little change in the filter sections. No difference in closed or open cabinets. I spent a lot of time dialing in speeds and acceleration/deceleration. Still didn’t get it right, but plan to spend more time on it? Forget the presets unless you plan to play some psychedelic tunes, or summon ET. :rofl:
I think it is quite limited, but it apparently has a lot of potential.

3 Likes

He said it was 5 sims, so I hope not :wink: That would be cheating!

1 Like

Really! How about that. Never could test that one…

I told you to sit down first. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Eyebrow?

spock-brows

LMAO !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmm - interesting!

But I don’t think the difference is going to make me give up my IK Leslie (T-Racks Version).

BTW: my current favorite plugin to put between VB3-II and the Leslie is Klanghelm SDRR - very nice flavors of crunch, especially in its “Tube” incarnation. Give it a try - it’s pretty affordable!

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

I have been trying some of the Klanghelm plugs lately. Very impressed. Thanks for the heads up Torsten. Will give it a go.

Corky

I just love the stylin’ on that! It must sound good…

1 Like

Really interesting. Thanks for Corky. Will work with the TRACKS Leslie as that is what I have just brought (so will justify loving it :wink: ) but may also check out this UVI one at some point.