Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

You will not regret it! IK is really great.

I am going to put more effort into UVI, but doubt if I get much more out of it.

1 Like

Thanks again for the results and the test @Corky! I have been tweaking B5’s leslie and should have noticed the Rotary sound but I didn’t. I never demoed the standalone so I need to!:grin: Great stuff everyone …

Dave

Ok, I have a question on the drawbar settings for the lower manual on Whiter Shade of Pale. I know it’s the most played song of all time but still I am curious what settings people use for this song. I have seen presets on some offerings set to 8080000000 but I have been going with 0088600000 and liking it for a long time. I’m pretty sure the upper manual is like the original, at least it sounds very close. If anyone can offer some input on this I would be thankful!

Dave

1 Like

@Corky I still really love that UVI Rotary - I like using the Stereo Wide and the Default mostly. The low CPU impact is important, and I love how easy it is to bind any pedal to the speed toggles!

Terry

1 Like

I didn’t realize they had a demo version of it, gonna check it out. I refuse to accept that it sounds better than IK though :wink:

Hi Dave

Try these settings for WSOP. They are what I found to be very close.

Upper 688600000 percussion = ON-SOFT-SLOW-SECOND

Lower 004430000

Corky

Thanks much Corky I’ll give em a go!

Dave

1 Like

Hi Terry

I remember you and I discussing our purchase a little while back. I may never have use of the presets, but I somehow figure you will make good use of them. :grin:

Good to hear from you. I am still watching your YouTube offerings.

Regards

Corky

1 Like

@FredProgGH

15 day trial UVI Rotary.

Yah jhjhjhjhjhjhjhhjhjhjhjhjhhkjhkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkhjk…

Corky,

Many thanks to you for your expertise and the time & effort you spent assisting the Community members.

Also, I wanted you to know that this whole venture brought a smile to my face. Back in the day, we all agonized over which, of the many Leslie Cabinets available, should we spent considerable amounts of our “professional” musician money. It seemed that no matter which you chose, the guy in that “other” band seemed to have a better sound! (I know, because I could only afford a “145”. Now, here we are trying to choose the perfect emulation!

Anyway, at least we don’t have to untangle a knotted up 11-pin Cable!

3 Likes

Hey Douglas

Thank you for the kind words.

I share the same experiences from the “old days” as you…11-pin Cable and all. :smile:

Regards

Corky

Not me. I was the guy with the sound :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Yes… we were all envious of you. You always had the best sound, and the best hair, and the best equipment. We even liked your stage name “John Mann”. You were everything and we were nothing. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

jmcd

Sorry…couldn’t help myself. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Uggggghhh. Theater organ. The Kenny G of organs.

2 Likes

Or the Bobby Goldsboro of Lowreys.

1 Like

Johnny here is compensating. Just sayin’

Apparently…3 keybeds and about 200 tabs. lol!

1 Like

Yep. Johnny and his big organ.

2 Likes

And his Funeral Home Director’s clothes and grin. Oh yeah…compensation for sure.

1 Like