Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

Actually it does. Gregg musta been a beta tester in the 70’s.

Used to watch Rick a lot. Kinda got tired of him a few months ago.

I’ll see if I can find that isolated track. It surely wasn’t absent of bleed in a live show in those days.

I used to have links to some sites that had tons of Rockband/surround stems. I’ll have to see if I can find them…

Just downloaded it. I’ll see what I’ve got.
Gotta find a way to post this.

@FredProgGH

Here it is…hope it works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Ece7i8qtkViEapqHgzJXGw4z3nkewKN/view?usp=sharing

Organ doesn’t start right away. Give it a few, or run it ahead.

1 Like

Sweet! I’ll get it tomorrow, it’s bedtime…

1 Like

NEW ARTURIA B3 V2

Arturia 7 has new instruments and upgrades to other instruments.
Of course, I had to check out the B3. Below is their video, but if you view it, let the cheesy stuff pass at about 29 seconds in. Then it gets somewhat interesting.

Main Features

• Physical Modeling Engine (no samples)
  • Dual manual Interface
  • Each manual has separate MIDI channel preferences
  • 9 Drawbars per manual
  • 3 modeled chorus and vibrato settings
  • Separate upper and lower ON/OFF
  • Preamp drive
  • Modeled rotary speaker emulator
  • Advanced controls for adjusting the model
  • Convolution based Reverb
  • Traditional Leslie performance controls
  • Swell pedal
  • Percussion controls
    • On/off
    • Volume soft/normal
    • Slow/Fast decay
    • Harmonic selection
  • Output effects where you can change the order
    • Volume, wah, auto-wah
    • Flanger
    • Compressor
    • Chorus
    • Analog Delay
  • New Advanced Drawbar modulators
    • LFO’s with multiple waveforms and phase
    • Multipoint envelopes
    • Step sequencer
    • Drawbar destinations with positive and negative amount controls
  • Physical model engine parameters
    • Drawbar leakage
    • Tonewheel leakage
    • Brilliance
    • Background noise
    • Polyphonic Percussion
    • Key click volume
    • Attack and release controls
  • 86 factory presets
  • Easy to use MIDI mapping
1 Like

Still sounds like butt.

1 Like

(Probably their processing though. Be worth checking with IK Leslie)

Yeah, will probably demo it after the coming weekend. I want to lay my hands on it and hopefully find some good in it. The Leslie in the video was not the old cheesy vibro-crap pedal they modeled for version 1, but you are right about the processing in their videos.

Yeah, I was not impressed with the demos. But as Fred says, might be worth trying it through the IK Leslie.

Hi Aart,

Inspired by the labels you made for your Axiom I ended up taking a slightly different approach. I used a Brother PT-D600 a friend owns and bought a white on clear label cassette for it. It can connect to the computer and you can download a label editor for it that has a ruler in centimeters which made positioning very easy.

6 Likes

Just dropping in to say that the new Arturia B3-V and IK Leslie sound REALLY FRAKING GOOD together :smiley:

It’s my new go-to setup.

3 Likes

What makes it better than VB3 and IK?

Hi Fred,

Would be great to hear a short example. Always like hearing the ones you’ve provided.

Thanks,

Doug

I’m not sure yet in specific terms, actually. It just seems to have a meatiness. I only started messing with it today.

Hey Fred. Like I said in the Arturia thread that I wasn’t that impressed with the new B3, but found the the combination of B3 and IK interesting. I am in the Arkansas edge of the world tonight, but I may post some examples tomorrow when I get back home, if anyone would like to hear them.

3 Likes

ARTURIA B3 V V2 TEST w/IK LESLIE

I attempted these with a mini keyboard sitting on my lap, so bear with my full size key fingers.

1st demo is B3 V v2 preset “Soul Sacrifice”
With resident Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 1.mp3 - Google Drive
With IK Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 1.mp3 - Google Drive

2nd Demo is preset “Full Drawbars”
With resident Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 3.mp3 - Google Drive
With IK Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 4.mp3 - Google Drive

3rd Demo is preset “Gimme Some Lovin’”
With resident Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 5.mp3 - Google Drive
With IK Leslie:
B3 V v2 test 6.mp3 - Google Drive

Here is all of them in order in a zip file:
B3 V v2 tests.zip (3.9 MB)

While this is just a simple test, I could have gone into the B3 and edited for days on end, and made a much better showing of the plug. As usual with other Hammond clones, most of the presets in this one are crap. The resident Leslie is not terribly bad, but I am spoiled with the better plugs. The distortion pedal is horrible, but the amp is good. It is really much better than the1st version, but I am not hearing the lush overtones in the drawbars yet. Once I get settled in on this plug, I will go under the hood to see what I can get out of it, and share here. The cleaner presets are not particularly bad, and the Leslie adds a lot to them. Of course, IK wins the battle again. Go figure. Maybe UVI Rotary on this one?

Corky

1 Like

Hmm, is it just my ears or my multimedia speakers? To my ears, the IK Leslie snippets sound more “boxy” than the Arturia Leslie ones - as I hear them, the Arturia ones would actually work better in a busy rock band mix. Different discussion in a sparse trio setup, though.

Looks like I’ll have to check this beast out in earnest - may simplify a lot of my organ setups while sounding good enough for my purposes.

Thanx for sharing, @Corky!

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

It’s not you- the IK does tend to be boxy or dull and requires some significant eq to get in a mix- but then, so does a Leslie, generally.

1 Like

Something I forgot to mention (at 3AM), I used the IK “Classic 122” preset on all, and adjusted only the volume. The Arturia was strictly from the presets. I also increased the plugin output gain on C3. If I were to use it on stage, I would kill, or aggressively reduce, any distortion from the B3 and just use the amp on the IK. I wish Arturia would do more with the GUI. It is good looking, but extremely difficult to see all the settings. I am glad they have a separate page now for fx and mods. I am definitely going to play with the mods soon.

Corky