Who has uploads of music they made while using Cantabile?

do you know what’s even funnier, it’s not a cat but a dog ::slight_smile:

2 Likes

In 2021 I made some playback tracks for a birthday party of a friend. I left the keyboard parts in the playbacks out and played the keys live to the playbacks. Back then hiring the whole band wasn’t possible.
Here are some snippets of the complete tracks.

However, playing together with band mates is more fun. If you make all alone you are the only one to blame if something isn’t as perfect as expected.
…and a cat is there too.

6 Likes

At one point I thought you were going to break into Kavinsky’s Nightcall :grinning:

1 Like

Improv 2020

6 Likes

I love this :heart_eyes: I can hear so much going on, it’s like a melting pot of everything :star_struck: The part in the beginning with the flute is nice.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m running everything from Cantabile here, including loopers, fade in/outs generated by MIDI files in Media Players, semi-randomised sequences…

Since I recorded this ‘lockdown gig’ I ditched the NDLR and Deluge and committed to Cantabile fully. The NDLR has been replaced by some clever rack trickery, aided by the good folk of this forum. I’m much happier with the system now.

FWIW here is a (slightly dodgy in places!) ‘proof of concept’ performance I made earlier to that live transmission:
Mellotron Improv

Again, all Cantabile and real/custom ‘Mellotron’ instruments.

3 Likes

Dumb question… how do I embed a Facebook or youtube video? Tried pasting the Embed code from FB but no luck. Thanks!
Tom

1 Like

Tom, Cantabile’s forum is friendly to straight YouTube URL’s being simply pasted into your reply. You do not need to use the embed code. I look forward to seeing what you share!

Terry

Duh…thanks Terry!

1 Like

Practice in a new band from a few weeks ago. Cantabile running everything on my parts: Guitar, Electronic Wind Instrument/Brass, and midi guitar (I Am the Walrus). Couldn’t even attempt some of this without Cantabile! I plan to eventually use Cantabile to run some basic vocal efx and program the light show.
Tom

6 Likes

Cool Tom / @twaw!

Could you share how you produce the “Brass Section” harmonies from the EWI?? Individual programmed notes, or a more general harmonizer approach?

1 Like

Very nice playing; I think a clavinet would make “Superstition” still a bit hotter.

Loving this thread! Some great live footage and performances!!!

Here are a few from my band:

There’s also this, which dates back to 2014 and Cantabile 2, but there are some good keyboard rig shots. It’s a whole show:

11 Likes

Very nice Neil!!

1 Like

Hey Clint, wherever there are brass section harmony parts I program them individually. Never had a lot of luck with the key based harmonizers when trying to do a cover… Seems there’s always a note or two that’s not right and it changes the feel.

Nice clips Neil, and great production quality all around!

And on “clavinet would make “Superstition” still a bit hotter.”… Completely agree… We’re going to try to get a clav added somehow in the near future, but for now the guitar works.
Tom

1 Like

Albert, it is no wonder you have so many loyal subscribers at your YouTube channel! You really pump super energy into your leads and backing tracks! What a fantastic collection you have there!

Terry

Thank you Terry,
When i started in 2011 just for fun i never expected my channel would have so many subscribers and views. True the years i learned a lot and when i listen to some of my earlier songs i want to do them over again.
Have a great week and thank you for your comment.
Greetings from Belgium, Albert

1 Like

Good to see you back, Neil. Had Resistance on play on Saturday……

1 Like

Thanks Derek! Good to be back…things have just conspired to get in the way of me keeping up with the forum, but I’m really trying to not let that happen now! Missed you guys!!

6 Likes