What is the best way to ask questions?

I’ve been using Cantabile for a couple of months now, and I have a few questions about how to use Cantabile optimally for my workflow. I want ask them in the most appropriate place, and in a way that may answer the questions for people in the future.

Is this the appropriate thread? Should I break my questions up into individual posts (ie stackoverflow/stackexchange style), or just blast them in one post?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jonathan and Welcome,

I guess it depends on how many questions you have as to how to group them, since we don’t know the scope of the questions why don’t you just go ahead and outline them here. If they need to separated we can see then. Some may already be answered in the many posts here or in the online manual. The forum search function can provide a lot of answers. So have at it and we’ll see what’s up.

Dave

Hi Jonathan,

welcome to the forum! This is usually a very well-behaved and super-helpful community, so as long as you are mindful of people’s time and attention (we all do this in our free time), you’ll be fine here.

Some recommendations:

• when asking about specific Cantabile features, check @brad’s excellent videos and the guides section first - a lot of topics are covered there very well - and it avoids having people tell you to look there :wink:
  • Illustrate your issues / questions as well as possible (screenshots!) - it’s a lot easier for us to help you if we know your specific configuration
  • individual posts vs. single post: I’d recommend keeping related questions in one post, but creating separate posts for unrelated issues - threads can develop a life of their own…

Cheers,

Torsten