Technology Update 2021

Good progress today, crossing off every currently known issue:

• Went through all 125 screenshots tweaking and adjusting the layout of anything that wasn’t quite right
  • Wired up the UI scaling setting again (for now there’s only going to be one scale setting that controls everything - instead of the Main Window and Other Window setting in the current builds)
  • Fixed a display issue with route settings in the wiring diagram view
  • Fixed issues with tab key handling in some main window panels
  • Fixed the “control” column in the main routing table - wasn’t clipping and wrong default width.
  • Fixed text in the side panel tabs not getting ellipsis when too small
  • Fixed a hang after scanning plugins
  • Fixed an “accidental” split screen mode. (yes, it really was accidental but gave me some ideas)
  • Tested in OpenGL rendering mode - seems to work fine.

And with that, I’m calling this Trello item done:

But, I’m still testing…

11 Likes

Interesting!!

1 Like

Today was focused on reworking Cantabile’s startup code trying to integrate a new GuiKit based crash reporter. Unfortunately it’s not working great for audio engine crashes so I might have to rethink some things. Will sleep on it.

7 Likes

Me too … I’ve always wanted split screen for bindings and routing for programming purposes so I can see if the invoked bindings are doing the job on the routing tab. Same for rack programming, I have to jump between the 2 tabs while testing out things. Anyway that’s my thought on it. Great work on the new version you’re making!

Dave

2 Likes

Two more tasks checked off:

The first one I’ve been working on bit by bit for the last few days and involved about 400 XML documentation comments.

The second one I mentioned yesterday that I was having some technical difficulties but got it sorted today. The crash reporter is working, but is sad it needs to:

(and it’s bugging me that the sad face doesn’t align with the text and that the text has a typo - job 1 for Monday).

Have a good weekend everyone.

Brad

7 Likes

Took me a while to figure out the typo! Uh oh! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, dramatic typo…

1 Like

Sounds like a hippy comment to me “uh OK” :wink:

Typos and alignment:

And check, check…

6 Likes

Today I started on some of the more boring but still important parts of releasing a software product - the build and installer scripts.

Not finished, but making progress.

10 Likes

Huh… wasn’t expecting that.

9 Likes

Shrunk 4.507 MB in 51 days. We can project that in 109 days (Feb 21 '22), the application will shrink the remaining 9.662 MB and be … Zero Size! :grin: Great work Brad!!

4 Likes

Does that mean you’ve got a bit left in your hand? That normally happens to me when I’ve taken something apart… :wink:

3 Likes

Preparation for an iOS app? :wink:

Our first glimpses of Cantabile 4!

4 Likes

Will this new version 4 cost anything for current subscribers to upgrade from C3?

If you’re subscribed you’ll get it for free just like current builds are released.

Brad

3 Likes

No. Why?

Referring to downward trend in size. I guess it was only amusing to me. Sorry.

1 Like

Doh, my bad.

Setup works better when you include the correct files. (I was accidentally including 2 copies of x64 build instead of separate x86/x64).

Still, pleased to see the size hasn’t blown out.

5 Likes