Technology Update 2021

Frogger?

2 Likes

I think… maybe… when you click that button, it ties your whole set together with a neat little bow.

You know… fixes all of the mistakes you made so Brad doesn’t get emails in the middle of the night!

1 Like

Metronome is back:

6 Likes

I’m a professional software developer myself and I can only say: you are SO right! The daily routines in our company do constantly prevent us to work not even close to the conscientious approach Brad shows here. I bow my head in reverence!

2 Likes

You are crazy. In the best sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last night I finished GuiKit’s new menu implementation (the one I started last weekend).

It looks basically the same, but:

• It’s a bit cleaner, more minimal
  • More whitespace which should make it a little easier for touch screen users (this can be tweaked via theme)
  • I can also retheme the colors in case we want dark menus.

Old:

New:

7 Likes

Today’s progress… got the tab bars appearing correctly (and tweaked their appearance), recordings panel, record ports panel and most of the set list panel.

I’m tossing up whether to move away from Cantabile’s traditionally rounded off buttons/checkboxes and moving to square style (like GuiKit’s default theme). Notice square boxed pin icons in the recordings panel compared to the rounded off ones in the current Cantabile release.

The round buttons in the set list panel will stay round as they’re supposed to reflect a single selection like a radio button:

After a week of this work, this is going more slowly than I hoped. Hopefully once I get past the main window theming things will start move a bit quicker.

Anyway, bring on the weekend.

12 Likes

In the IK Product Manager it’s bonus content

I’m a rounded corners guy myself, but just one voice amongst many.

1 Like

Today is a public holiday in Sydney, but not for me - I’m pressing on regardless.

Good progress today with all these now up and running:

• Set List Panel
  • States Panel
  • Monitor Panel
  • Controller Bar
  • Ticker Bar

Putting it altogether and Cantabile is starting to look more like its former self:

(still a way to go though)

11 Likes

Lookin’ good Brad!

3 Likes

Thanks @Corky, getting there bit by bit.

2 Likes

Is this the start of a 3.6 or 4.0 release when done?

1 Like

Probably.

1 Like

This morning I thought I’d tackle the media player timeline view. Fired up Cantabile and it worked perfectly first go. Unbelievable. Unfortunately then realized I was running the release build of Cantabile and not me dev build. Idiot.

8 Likes

Today:

Leaving Cantabile for the rest of today to address some GuiKit issues.

8 Likes

So it’s true - you’re human! Phew, that makes me feel so much better about myself! :wink: :grin:

5 Likes

No visual progress today as I’ve been mostly working GuiKit:

• More GTL enhancements (const declarations in classes, improvements to class inheritance, fixed class inheritance for base nested classes, better support for context sensitive theming, proper closure capturing for lambdas, stricter error checking and misc minor bugs).
  • Wrote 90+ unit test cases for GTL.
  • Fixed a bunch of context and hamburger menu positioning issues.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking after using a menu didn’t work.
  • Fixed right clicking in a list not selecting the item before showing the menu.
  • Fixed an issue with clicks just outside a popup (in the shadow/pointer transparent area) did nothing instead of closing the popup. (anyone ever noticed that in the current build of Cantabile?).
  • Spent the rest of the day chasing an issue in GuiKit that was causing the splitters in Cantabile to be very laggy. Fixed now.

Tomorrow I should be back to Cantabile proper.

7 Likes

I have no idea what any of that means, but thank you for your diligence. :wink:

Brad did some class work, then updated his will, then had a burger and went out to chase some laggy GuiKits which must be Australian for something :crazy_face:

6 Likes