Strange Show Notes effect in 3598 (solved)


#1

Hello community,

I updated from 3595 to 3598 and observe a strange effect: in Show notes the last line of a note seems to be cut and the line before ends with “…”. I attache a screen shot that should explain what I mean.

I double checked by rolling back to 3595 but this persists only for 3598. Is this by design (in this case I may have missed something) or probably something special on my machine?

Thanks and regards, humphrey


#2

I’m noticing some new wrinkles on the show notes as well. My discovery was that when I resized my Font size passed a certain point it dropped the last line of the text in the cell.

bottom line of the notes at font size = 30

bottom line of the notes at font size = 38

Looking at Volker’s font size above leads me to believe the 2 problems may be related to the resizing after a font size change or to font size in general.

Dave


#3

I seem to remember Brad talking about an ellipsis with the new text/font handling. Do these problems show up if you turn off the new text/font handling? I think there’s an option menu selection to do that…


#4

I just checked and my problem occurs in both rendering systems except the new system shows the ellipsis so I guess it’s not related expressly to the new changes. Hmm …


#5

This is almost certainly related to the new text rendering, which is definitely experimental at this stage. If you switch the new rendering off (Options -> Diagnostics -> Enable Complex Text Rendering) it should be exactly the same as previous builds.

Anyway, if anyone having issues here could send me a song file that demonstrates the problems I’ll look into. In fact if you can just copy/paste all the notes from the song in question into a new song and send me that song file that’d be great.

Brad


#6

Thanks,
disabling complex text rendering solves this problem temporarly

Regards, humphrey


#7

Hi @humphrey

Can you send me a copy of that song file so I can check it out. Also, a copy of your latest log.txt file and settings.json (from Tools -> Open Settings Folder)… just so I can grab some info about screen resolution, scaling etc…

Brad


#8

Sorry, a bit in hurry atm (my wife‘s birthday party today😅) - I follow up with information asap.

Regards, humphrey


#9

Hi Brad,

I sent the files over for your examination.

Dave


#10

Thanks guys… I’ve reproduced this now and working on a fix.


#11

Should be fixed in 3599 available now.


#12

Finally sent through - obviously too slow for you: 3600 fixed the issue😂


#13

Hi @humphrey… thanks anyway for sending. And thanks for reporting… pleased to hear it’s fixed now.