Stay at home projects

I listened to the rest of Isolation. It is really top notch - the vocals are very good. What are your plans for it? A making of documentary would be really interesting - seriously. Or maybe sometime just share some details about how you created the tracks :grinning:.

Thanks so much! I think I’ll probably just throw it on Bandcamp next to the other one :crazy_face: Let it do a word of mouth thing.

It’s a 100% virtual project, just a laptop and midi keyboard. And recorded with headphones, in the bedroom. The only sound that hit a mic was the voice.

3 Likes

Man, I had some time (away on business so killing time in the bar) to go back and reread the posts we made back in the first lockdown. seems such a long time ago now……

1 Like

I’ve listened to it a few times this morning, in its entirety. You certainly know your prog, @FredProgGH! Chapeau!
It’s even more impressive considering it’s a one-man project and the short time in which it was written. I like the voice, too. Not the bombastic vocals which became more common in the 80s and afterwards…this makes it sound even more 70s. :wink:

Gabriel

1 Like

I found this thread only a few days ago, a bit late to the party.
This is one I did during the height of the first round of stay at home orders.

Some ambience for those who like that sort of thing. Pre-cantabile

While almost everyone was indoors, I went out (I needed exercise :wink: ), I went to the beach and recorded waves and crickets with a tascam dr-05. It was perfect time to record this, otherwise there’d be planes in the distance every 15 minutes and put the rest together. I re-did the video content because I wasn’t happy with what I did with my original upload of this.

7 Likes

Nice! Almost midway between Eno and Vangelis…

1 Like

Very Roland-ian sound.