to be sure:if you take a closer look at my live setup, you’ll see that two of my three screens are not showing LivePrompter, but Cantabile’s show notes view - that’s the laptop (which, in the gig shown sat to the right of my keyboard, but normally is set up somewhere behind me and is often closed with the screen off, so it’s normally just two screens) and the 7’’ screen on the right (which simply mirrors the laptop screen). Only the tablet in the middle shows LivePrompter.
My Cantabile show notes show me:
- which song is selected
- which preset within the song is active and which is next
- some notes on the current keyboard and controller layout
See this thread: Small themes request
I don’t select presets, but I use song states (and linked song states for duplicates) for the different parts of a song (Intro, verse, chorus 1, verse 2, chorus 2, bridge, …) and step through them via a simple binding in my background rack (CC 67 linked to “next song state (instant)”). CC67 on my master keyboard is triggered by the big red button in the middle of my keyboard. For songs where I play the guitar, I simply add a binding from my sustain pedal to “next song state (instant)”.
See here: What's your preferred method for changing states?
But there is also a (somewhat clunky) way to do automatic program (or state) changes when using a backing track: simply create a MIDI file containing program changes or control changes bound to state change and route them via loopback ports. Put the MIDI file in sync with your backing track, and everything rolls automatically. If you create your backing tracks in a sequencer, creating the MIDI file from the same sequence is a breeze.
See here: Changing State By Song Position
Last on getting the set list file right:
[quote=“Roelli, post:24, topic:633”]
Programming Setlists in a text file is bit freaky… with a little typo the song can’t be found. [/quote]
I run a little batch file within my “setlists” directory to automatically list all songs in my songs directory into a text file (even in the correct code page using a little utility called cp850win.exe).
del listing.txt for %%a in (..\*.txt) do @echo %%~na>> list1.txt type list1.txt |cp850win.exe > listing.txt del list1.txt
Then I simply cut, paste, and delete lines within the created file “listing.txt” to create my set list --> no-typo-guarantee! But of course, no guarantees if you change the file name later ;-)!
Hope this helps!