Red light and Input-Ports Problem Solved!

Hello to all. I’m very new with Cantabile 3 (2 days) and I hope somebody can help me.
In a new installed Cantabile 3, (Table View) I create a new state. Then I go to “Add Route” and choose Main-Keyboard. Main Keyboards opens with a little red mark on its left side. In Preset Destination are no Plugins to see.
After changing to Wiring View it’s possible to choose a plugin, going back to Table View, there are now two Routes, the new one and the old with the red light. The new one is playable from my masterkeyboard, I delete the other.
So far. - Now I create a second Route in the same State. The Input indicator port light is red again. I change the view to WireViewing and try to choose a plugin. Doesn’t work. Choosing a plugin changes the first Route-Plugin. Going into the Menu “Insert- Insert Plugin” works. A new Route is added without red light.
Is this the normal way? I feel very uncomfortable with this solution. Thinking, this are the first steps to a big systemcrash?
Best regards to all, Walle

Hey Walle,

welcome to the forum!

Can you share some screenshots to illustrate what it is you’re trying to do? I understand you are trying to route from your MIDI input to some plugin, and you want to make them state-dependent?

I’m not quite sure what your song setup is from your description - what plugins are in your song, and what are you trying to achieve with your song states. So maybe you can elaborate a bit, so we can understand better what it is you are trying to do.

Note: you don’t need to create states - state switching is an advanced topic. Maybe (if you’re new to Cantabile) start out with simple song setups with a few plugins and get your feet wet. Once you have everything working, you can progress to state switching.

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi Torsten, ich hoffe sehr, dass es nicht gegen die Regeln des Forums verstößt, wenn ich Dir auf Deutsch antworte. Ansonsten müsste ich jedes zweite Wort nachschlagen, was die Schilderung eines Problems nicht einfacher macht. Allerherzlichsten Dank für Deine Antwort. Obwohl ich mir die Cantabile Videos nun bestimmt schon dreimal angeschaut und mich durch das Manual gekämpft habe, hat mich erst Deine Mail dazu veranlasst, es eben nochmal zu schauen, insbesondere das “Getting Started”. Und mir ist aufgefallen, dass ich konsequent “Add Route” mit “Add Plugin”, bzw. bei mir in der Performerversion “Add Object” verwechselt habe. Mit knapp 67 ist man scheinbar nicht mehr ganz so aufmerksam. Soweit also kein Problem mehr. Ich werde mich weiter in die Materie einarbeiten und hoffe sehr, dass Du weiter im Forum aktiv bist und mir auch in Zukunft auf die Sprünge helfen kannst. Habe übrigens mal Cränkrock angeschaut. Beeindruckende Repertoireliste und schöne Clips. Die Tatsache, dass ihr auch alle nicht mehr 20 seid macht mir Mut. Cantabile habe ich mir zugelegt, weil ich, wenn Corona es wieder erlaubt, mit einer meiner ersten Bands wieder auf die Bühne gehen werde.
Nochmal danke, Walle

Hi Walle,

kein Problem - helfe gerne! Wenn Du weiter Fragen hast, melde Dich am besten direkt über direkte Nachricht (mein Bild anklicken, dann “Message”), dann verwirren wir den Rest der Welt nicht mit Dialog auf Deutsch :wink:

Grüßle,

Torsten

Hi Walle,

another possibility would be to use a translator like google translate. In most cases it does the job quite well and translation is done in 10 seconds. So you‘d not lock out yourself from conversation.

Kind regards, Volker

Great idea - as an alternative to Google, take a look at DeepL - I find it far superior to Google translate. Just as a test, I pasted Walle’s post there and got a pretty much perfect translation. These guys really have upped the game on AI-based translation.

And they’re from Cologne, Germany :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

I’m testing DeepL-Pro 30 days evaluation subscription, my guess they need more time to enhance the deep learning, AI, etc. You’re right anyway, it seems a bit better than Google Translator. For complex translations I prefer Reverso. It helped me a lot in 2020, when I had a misunderstanding with the damn Spanish tax office!