Problems with 32 Bit pluginst

since I’m having some problems with 32-bit plugins, I’m wondering if it could be because I’m using two or three instances of the same plugin and also have a 64-bit plugin integrated. The message usually comes up: the same semaphore already exists …what can I do to solve the Problem ??

Hi Mike,

I know it’s related to jBridge but the only other thread with a mention of on the Cantabile Forum is here:

and from an internet search I found this on the Steinberg Forum …

D.Racquet

Apr '21

enable in jbridge settings :
perfomance mode
audio Master Get Time hack
use thread safety measures in auxhost

and on hardware plug ins also:
run in existing auxhost

this should solve your problem

I’m not sure if this will help because I can’t replicate the error flag but it’s something to look ar anyway.

Cheers,

Dave

Well, thanks! In Some 32 Bit vst‘s the jbridge Setting appears in the left lower corner, but my M1 from Korg digital legacy Collection shows no jbridge Settings, i think, that is the Problem…jbridge does not recognise the M1 as a 32 Bit vst.

Hmmm, the Korg Legacy Collection has had 64 bit versions of their plugins for a long time - maybe you have installed both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version on your system? This is definitely something to avoid - can create all kinds of confusion. As long as you have a 64 bit version, best to get rid of the 32 bit one (or at least put them in a folder that Cantabile doesn’t scan).

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

You have the whole Legacy Collection and the issues are only on the M1? That’s quite odd.

As Torsten says, it may be old versions/DLLs lying about and conflicting with each other, which has happened to me. Best to find and remove all traces and reinstall.

What I don’t understand is whether it’s just M1 that has issues, or the whole instruments Legacy collection.
I never mix 32/64 versions of the same plugin.

Also, I only use 32 for old plugins that don’t have a 64 version.

Well :disappointed_relieved:, the wavestation ( or others of KDLC) I never tested, so I took Not enough Time to it. In my band Environment (Blues Rock) I Need a Piano, a Fender (I found in Lounge Lizard), a Organ (I found in NI B4), some Strings, Choirs, that‘s it. So I bought a red Swedish Gear :crazy_face:(Electro 6d) I’m going to replace the most parts to it. My (older) band members found it suspicious to play these modern shit. I will explore the Installation of my KDLC. Many thanks for your tips and I‘ll come back with the Solution. Maybe I replace all with my Triton VST. The time…to do it :triumph::triumph:

Well, I uninstalled Klc and yes, there is a 64 bit setup, but all my songs using M1 and also Triton won‘t give a sound. The Midi Signal is blinking, if I open the Instrument (inside Cantabile and play with built in Keyboard, the sound comes, also seen over the Output meter in cantabile). Puh :disappointed_relieved: I have no idea. Should audio/midi settings in the standalone Instrument be activated or not.? Is a conflict by using M1 and triton? I disabled bindings, there‘s no more to be set?

My Problem is solved :hugs:. At least I looked for a driverupdate for my Oxygen 61 Keyboard, so it was from 2014, I tried it and wow :star_struck: it works with my Korg VST‘s (M1 and Triton). It was suspicious, all other plugins worked before my driver update. So the next Gig on Saturday can Start, puh :sweat_smile: