The last two weeks, I’ve had daily gigs and rehearsals (very busy). Both laptops were using 3583. I was using my small gig rig for most of the gigs, so same controllers, and everything was working perfectly. Got to a gig, no lower keyboard sound. Frantically found my main keyboard was unchecked for key1 (main keyboard). I never had this problem before. Still no sound…checked meters and midi activity lights. Midi was now working, but meters were not lighting at output. Thanks to the wiring view, I immediately discovered there was no output route to main speakers, and many of my long used and reliable songs now had routing and binding issues. I also found the same issues on my backup laptop.
I checked release notes and found 3586 Fixed - issues with system-wide keyboard bindings. I upgraded to 3587 (since it was stable). It checked out fine…went to gig last night…no lower keyboard. I had to (again) check the box for my keyboard in key 1, and re-routed the output again on the fly. No doubt it has been stressful, and was wondering if anyone has had these issues. I do not understand why many of my midi input ports bindings and routings are suddenly missing, even though I have corrected them in both laptops.
EDIT: BTW…I always use the same usb ports for my controllers.