Post Something Pointless and Stupid thread

But only one way to find out… :wink:

1 Like

In our neighborhood I think we need a few of those “This is a Stop Sign” signs. That problem was getting worse over the last decade but last year it became completely optional to actually stop.

2 Likes

I have seen a couple of Youtubes of his latest “Seconds Out” tour, but it isn’t the same band members, which is a shame as the musicianship was just so good on the Spectral Mornings DVD. i have yet to decide whether to invest or not! But I shall have a look at the two you mentioned, thank you!

1 Like

That band was amazing but that was 40 years ago… the new cats are mighty good. Especially Nick Beggs.

I love the Genesis Revisited II studio album. The first Genesis Revisited was a little experimental in the way he changed the songs, but the Firth of Firth version on that is the barnstorming highlight - especially with John Wetton’s vocals. Revisited II stays closer to the originals and is better for it, and they sound much cleaner and fresher with the more modern production (and technology), and gives you nearly two and a half hours of classics. High recommended.

1 Like

This song began life as a short test sequence I made to evaluate the Surge XT synth (awesome free product BTW). What could be more pointless and stupid than turning it into a Star Trek parody?! :rofl:

Storyboard: Defeated Apollo joins forces with hangry Tribbles to attack the Enterprise. Kirk’s assertive cluelessness gets the ship into trouble as McCoy and Scott buckle under pressure. Despite verbal abuse from the crew Spock assumes command and saves the Enterprise with a synchronized weapons attack.

6 Likes

Awesome! Great sounds.

1 Like

Beverly Hills Spock!!
:rofl:

1 Like

I tried to find Spock saying “Live pointless and stupid” to put at the end, but no such luck… :rofl:

Nice big dose of casio :smiley: oddly though takes me back to the days
of tracked and demo music on amigas and screamtracker on PC.

this might be a little OT for pointless and stupid, (depends on your perspective i guess) this one I don’t mind

1 Like

I think he is the same guy all dressed in white in a very 80s way on a beach/cliff setting doing some thing similar, but cannot find the video.

1 Like

Those vids are just about enough to make ANYONE pare down to only two keyboard controllers, eh?

(I feel so guilty sometimes… but I’m not doing it.)

Terry

2 Likes

That guy is the absolute embodiment of pointless and stupid. Bravo!

Also, this:

2 Likes

456fe6921971505754f8d70e3b958f71

3 Likes

The jig’s up soon. Was fun while it lasted.

Not that I remember any fun now, off hand, but I know there was some.

1 Like

f709ad68873f036fa0d6231364ea6c3a

4 Likes

I am really scared that you knew the one I was on about, and even more scared that you could link to it… :wink:

But what scares me even more, is that I equated the two! :astonished:

2 Likes

I’ll bet you never thought I’d post an interview with Mario, then.

Mario Mathy still lives, but even when he is gone, the jumping dance will live forever.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR CRAZY VIDEO WITH KEYBOARDS AND HORSES:

The video clip for “Jumping Dance” was actually a joke between my wife and my record company. Of course I also realize that my videos were exaggerated, but that was the only way to stand out in Belgium. My wife who is 23 years younger than me put that clip on YouTube together with my record company. And of course, it became quite popular after 32 years! It featured only Casio instruments like the CZ-3000 and 5000 and the CZ-1, because I was Casio demonstrator.

3 Likes

Dude! Awesome :grin: (I just realized I said he was pointless and stupid. What I meant was the video is pointless and stupid, and really by that I mean silly :upside_down_face:. Not him.)

2 Likes