Playing 16 Stereo Audio Tracks parallel in media Player

Cantabile is a very Good Software. Here some Features for the Future:
It is a Long work to load 16 Stereo Audio Tracks in separate media Players. Also it was Necessary to adjust the syncmode. It Would be practible to load all 16 Stereo Audio Tracks in the media Player and they should play on Start parallel.

In the Show notes Register there Should be a Song Position Pointer. Also to create measures with notes or/and tabs would be fantastic.

Welcome to the Forum Martin!

This feature/capability is on the list of future plans for Cantabile and has been requested by others already including me. Things are moving along but as you might expect the list of requests is long and in some cases complex. There is a Trello board link at the top of the webpage for the forum that links to the list of feature requests and things that are on the go or back burner so you get a lot if information there and if you want to join you can vote for features you might want. Keep posting new requests on the forum, it let’s Brad and others see so they can pitch in and respond.

Cheers,

Dave

3 Likes

You can load a multitrack file into a media player, I use 16 track files all the time.

That’s right you can play back Wav64 multitrack files, I forgot about that but you have to setup all the extra audio track output routes for the file each time you load a new one in a media player to hear all the tracks.

Seeing as I’m shamelessly lazy, always use the same layout of tracks in the wav file and have a template set up with the media player setup with the correct routings.

2 Likes

Not lazy, Smart!!

Question: what would be the best way to edit the multitrack WAV file generated by Cantabile?

My situation: I’m using Cubase as a live recorging/mixing solution for my 10-piece band. I use Cubase because I can do a direct 1 to 1 analysis of the tracks recorded at each rehearsal and gig to help make my mix better, saving time and effort for the next rehearsal or gig.

I basically take my laptop home and listen to how we sounded, then tweak and adjust using the very same tracks, as closely as possible reproducing the main and monitor mixes in a controlled environment.

Cubase’s mixer seems like an obvious plus, except for the fact that I’m performing and never have time to actually mix, so the mixer is actually useless.

I would like to do the same thing with Cantabile (3 pro), but the issue is that there are no transport controls to FF or REW or set markers, so my analysis and mix tweaking would involve sitting through a lot of dead space between songs, or prior to the first song. As stated I get how to assign the tracks from the Media Player to the various processing chains for each instrument, but if I could just chop the multichannel WAV file down to a single song to re-import it would make life a lot easier.

I haven’t started mixing live with Cantabile yet. I have a dummy project set up with a ton of separate Media Players that start in sync, so I can work on the mix. It’s just that I have to import the multi-WAV into Cubase, define the in and out points of the song in question, export individual WAVs, then add them to the Media Players and re-assign…simply chopping the multi-WAV directly would be so helpful.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Chris,

There was a discussion on that here :

Dave

1 Like

Thanks, Dave.

I read through that thread, as well as the Torsten thread referenced within. The discussion revolves around de-muxing the WAV64 file. My concern is either editing the muxed file or re-muxing efficiently after editing the de-muxed tracks. Is there nothing I can do?

Audicity itself permits multi-track editing after you have de-muxed the file into tracks. Just start your selection point using the vertical bar icon, drag down to the bottom track, and size the selection for all tracks. Then hit the delete key and all the empty space will be gone.

You can then export the entire bunch of tracks using the Multi-Export choice to end up with a file per track in WAV or MP3 to bring into Cantabile, or you can use an external player (even Audicity) if that workflow works for you. You can also, naturally, export a fast rough stereo mix out of Audicity instead.

Terry

2 Likes

Thanks, Terry. I woud really like to either re-mux or edit without de-muxing.