Panning a linked rack?

I’ve never noticed this before, but the Speed, Pan and Fade controls are not present for racks (unlike individual plug-ins). Is there a way to pan a linked rack?

Unfortunately not directly - missing that as well. @brad: any reason why this couldn’t be available for racks? At least for the first connected stereo pair?

Cheers,

Torsten

I can’t remember off hand why this isn’t implemented but I’ll look into it.

To be clear… you want a pan setting on the parent song, or within the rack itself?

I want a pan setting for the rack in the parent song, so I can pan the (first) output of the rack in the stereo image. Currently, I need to insert a panner inside the rack to do this and open the rack every time I want to simply move the rack output in the stereo image - cumbersome…

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

I’m just looking to be able to pan the rack sound within the song, however that might be set up.

1 Like

Hi @brad
I am reviving this thread, because I was just wondering indeed if it is possible to pan a linked rack, which currently it seems it isn’t.
Is this still on your radar, or could we request you to look at possible implementation of this? As @Torsten commented, I’d appreciate having a pan setting for a linked rack in the parent song

Cheers

Ad

2 Likes

This is a related request

Hi @brad, reviving this one again. It would be very useful to pan the output of a linked rack, just as we do with plugins. Thanks!

I faced similar challenges recently and settled on using a lightweight, transparent plugin, BitShiftGain64 … just so I can get a pan control at the output end.

See this post for the details: How Best to Pan 8 Channels?

… and see this post for a diagram of the routing of 8 copies of that plugin in my uber-used [Rig] rack: A couple of feature requests for wiring diagram

Thanks! Yes, I guess a plugin is the way to go.