Organ Plugins - Opinions?

If on a PC, iLok runs a service that is on a delayed startup, so if you try to run it right after booting, it won’t run. In the Computer Manager under Services, make sure both the Bonjour service and the Pace Licensing Support service are running.

What a pain just to try something out though!

I’m lucky like Neil is – not having had any problems with iLok since I started with it. (For a freebie copy of SoundToys’ “Little Alter Boy” of all things…) I have 30 activations on my iLok key now!!! It has become pretty indispensable.

Terry

1 Like

Checked that- both PACE and Bonjour are running. I set PACE to delayed start anyway but no dice… every thread says the fix to my issue is simply to get the service started but for me it’s starting correctly. Thank God I’ve avoided iLok until now.

I didn’t meant that it won’t run on Win10 of course- clearly it does for a majority of people. That was just one of my starting points to Google :wink: I’m seriously stumped though.

Do they still supply the LicenseSupportDiagnostic toolo in ilok folder??

Yes and it’s showing no issues.

A NEW CONTENDER FOR THE THRONE!

I was alerted a few days ago to a new Hammond plugin and downloaded the demo. The GUI has a synth look, and I thought it was another cheap knockoff, but I was really amazed at what this thing could do. Very light on CPU. I am still trying it out, and kinda liking it so far. See what you think.

http://gg-audio.com/#download

2 Likes

Thanks for that Corky, sounds real good!

Dave

Thanks for the heads-up!!! I’m just playing with the demo now - sounds nice! I’m not 100% convinced by the distortion yet - I think VB3 still has the edge…

Neil

That was my thought too. Still playing around with it. I really enjoy the highs in this thing. The gospel stuff sounds really good. To me, it sounds a little like a combination of VB3 and B5, but only somewhat. Can’t put my finger on it yet, still tweaking.

Corky

PS I can get a decent Jimmy Greenspoon sound though. Like in the song “Chest Fever”.

I almost didn’t download it because the demo tracks sounded kind of crap. But I did and… damn. Pretty nice. I DO like the overdrive in classic mode and I’ve got an amazing early Tony Kaye sound. Still dialing in the Keith Emerson bite but it’s not bad. I may like the slow Leslie of VB3 better but the fast speed sounds really good here. Impressed so far…

Hi Fred

I assume you know the leslie speeds can be altered, right?

Corky

Yes, it’s not the speed, it’s the way the high frequencies are effected. The VB3 bends the pitch too far on the Leslie cab setting I like. It gets a nutty vibrato going that this doesn’t. But on the chorale setting that makes for a better swirl.

I figured you would like this because there was a downloadable demo, lol!
I totally understand the swirl. That is one of the things lacking in the V1 of B5.

Corky

I have to say yeah, so far this seems to sound like a mashup of VB3 and B5, and that’s maybe not a bad thing… want to hear it in a mix!

Going to try it tonight in a couple of numbers to see how it does live. I do not think it will have a problem cutting through.

So now we have the job of trying to see which combinations of organ and Leslie effect works best for different permutations of three organ plugins!! Or of course just making a rack that unashamedly layers all three… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

LMAO Neil !! You are reading my mind today (and it is a short story). I began thinking which one I was going to use on what, then hesitated, and said, “what the hell”, and threw them all into the same rack and called it “B3-THREE”. Now I can play a combination of C3, A100, & B3 through Leslies 122, 147, & 770, all at the same time! # mashup

Corky

PS The Guitarist I am working with tonight is really going to be giving me “the look” when I roll in my new rack!

A surfboard is now required at the gush-fest! :laughing:

Love it Dave ! Yes…surfs up dude !

Because your Hammond now goes up to 12… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: