New Feature: Per-song Tempo and Transpose Overrides

Thank you thank you thank you! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Makes my musical life so much easier, I play in several bands the same songs, but mostly transposed or other tempo.
Until now I had to make multiple versions of a song, which means when you edit racks etc they are not in sync.
For the transpose I had to manually add a note: this band +2 that band -1.
This function makes it all less complicated.
Love it ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s still a bug in it, the orig and edited file doesn’t change tempos anymore after altering. I’ll send you a vid.

Hey Sven,

I can’t reproduce any problems here, replied to your email.

Brad

Problem is that:

• it does not reset, when switching back to the original song, it stays in the altered state

• you cannot trigger different media files under different keys. the musical sync works, but now ALL bindings (under different keyboard keys) start to play at once.
    So you cannot add different midi files under different keys.
    Maybe take the function of a daw, the master tempo is the tempo for ALL midi running. And add the option to make it fixed in the options of the media player file?

• loop function doesn’t work either this way.
    I tried fixing it by making my midi file loops longer

That’s by design, but I’m considering changing it.

These are known behaviours of the media file sync option - something that will be revisited in the future.

1 Like

I hope you consider Brad, to me the function is rather unuseful this way.

Update! These overrides are now true overrides rather than just patching the song. This has a couple of effects:

1. If you switch from a set list song with overrides to one with out, the tempo/transpose will be reverted back to how that song was originally saved.
  2. If you have a song loaded with overrides set, then editing the tempo/transpose will edit the set list overrides - not the original song.
  3. State behaviours for tempo and transpose are no longer turned off when an override is applied however changes to tempo/transpose caused by states will be ignored (because they modify the underlying song, which is still overridden by the active set list entry).

Available now in 3630.

2 Likes

Thanks Brad,
Seems useful now.
I’m using this function allot for transpose and tempo changes between bands.

1 Like

So far I’ve been testing, works good Brad !

1 Like

Can’t believe this isn’t a more wanted feature, according to the response. :blush:
Don’t any of you playing in multi coverbands?
Meanwhile in the years, I’ve got a pretty large amount of songs ready to be used.

Yes, 2 and we don’t use metronomes or click tracks, to each his own… :smile:

I am currently in 6 cover bands, and I have no reason to use metronomes. As Ringo Starr once said, “I am the f***ing click track”, lol. I also rarely use transpose as I have no problem transposing at will. I understand why others would need it though. If any songs in my massive song list crosses over to other bands, I use the same setup, and usually remember, or have notes if there are changes in song maps.
So, as Dave said, to each his own. There are many features in C3 I currently do not use. We all have our own way of performing, and C3 has a unique way of giving us our individuality.

1 Like

Then you’re probably not using arpeggiators? :wink:

Nope…no need for them in any of my current bands, although I’ve used them in the past with other musicians. The majority of live music venues left in this area want certain genres of music that will draw the clientele they feel can spend mucho money, and not cause trouble. Therefore, very few Rap, Hip Hop, EDM, and Current Pop venues. Many venues want Classic Rock, Singer/Songwriters solo acts, Acoustic Duos, Jazz, Soul, Blues, and some Country. In a city with one of the highest crime and murder rates in the country, the venues are very careful who they want in their business. Just the way it is, and I have to say, I feel very comfortable in all the venues I play in. But, no…arpeggiators are not in use currently. :wink:

Rock’n’roll is not a crime!

I’ve been playing half of my life classic Rock without arp and transpose also. I only got a D50. So little did i know haha.
We played sweet home Alabama, jump, rocking in the free world, with or without you,…
Those days were most heavy. The fines on drinking weren’t that high so half of my life i remember big parties with indeed now and then some tension.
But I’m glad we evolved :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Technically, musically and society. :blush:
In what city are you playing? New York?

No but serious, what kinda covers do you guys play? And also, in the 70s they used delays and arps so it’s kinda important to have them in tempo isn’t it? :blush:

I carried this conversation onto another thread, as to not further hijack Brad’s thread. Sorry Brad.

1 Like

Back on topic,

Brad, is there a way yet to reflect the tempo changes in the setlist?

Tempo overrides are shown in the set list.

Tempos set in songs aren’t shown in the set list because they’re in a different file and there could be multiple tempo settings.

Sorry i was talking about the printed setlist. But it’s the same answer

1 Like