Need help understanding Racks, Songs and States

AFAIK, Charlie is sample based, as well the e-mu module, I heard both, then I paused my regular music activity. When I returned, great surprise, I found NI B4, which I later replaced with VB3 and so on.
In 2005 I built a 2UR PC (not very powerful, a VIA processor Pentium4-like), running windows XP and these standalone programs:
NI B4 II.
NI Prophet 5.
GeForce Minimonsta.
Still clearly remember people asking me where is all those organs and synths. At time my keyboards were Kurzweil K2600 and Roland XP-80.

1 Like

Memory lane timeā€¦

In 2008, I auditioned for Pure Floyd, and my organs where coming from a Yamaha Motif Rack ES, which I thought was a vast improvement on my Yamaha EX5, as you could vary the Leslie speed, which you could not do on the EX5.

After a few rehearsals, Pete, the Gilmour clone, sidled up to me and said ā€œI love your synth sounds (Nord G2 Engine and the Yamaha EX5 AN engine) and EP sound (Yamaha EX5 FDSP Engine and its EP model) and piano (Yamaha EX5) but your organ sound sucksā€¦ā€

After getting over my upset, I learnt that my predecessor had been using a Korg CX3, and to address the critique I looked into and moved onto using NI B4II on a laptop, which apparently was better than the CX3, so Pete was happy. Fast forward 12 odd years and my organ sounds are vastly better again with either my Korg Kronos CX3 engine, VB3 II with IK Leslie or the IK Hammond. I just hope I get a chance to use them againā€¦

1 Like

Hi Torsten (H) I decided you were going to make me an offer on my MicroB/Spin but came to your senses :grinning:

1 Like

Nope - I wrote that I had one, too, plus a Viscount Expander and a KeyB Expander laying around. Plus a Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere :-). Then I noticed that Corky mentioned this was kind of off topic, so I decided to delete the comment. But now you got it, anyway ā€¦

2 Likes

Againā€¦glad I wasnā€™t the only sucker!! They made it sound so good on the demo.

You guys can move this discussion to the organ page if you want.

Hmm, looks like this thread has gone completely wild, as usual :wink: ā€¦

But we also havenā€™t heard from the OP (@PianaTuna) in a while - have your questions been answered, Greg?