MIDI In Passthrough Port - anyone using it?

I’m thinking of removing the MIDI In Passthrough port that appears on any plugins that support MIDI In…

It was originally included for compatibility with v2, but we’re getting a bit past that now, it’s no longer necessary and I doubt anyone is actually using it.

Anyone want to talk me into keeping it?

And while we’re on the topic of v2… I’m also considering dropping the ability to open/upgrade old v2 session files.

I can just make another input route so I don’t need them or use them and I am fully C3 now. Haven’t looked at version 2.x in years!

Same here, no need for it.

Never understood what it was!

I’m not using it either.

I use my passthrough port everyday…ooh wait. This is about midi, right? Nevermind then…no, I do not use MIDI passthrough port.

1 Like

After some further consideration and a couple of builds with MIDI Passthrough removed, I’ve decided to bring it back. There’s one scenario where it’s actually pretty handy - when you’re layering instruments and you have a of key range/transpose settings. Without this, you need to duplicate the same settings on all routes feeding the layered plugins.

So, MIDI Passthrough is back, however… to keep the routing diagrams cleaner for the majority case it’s now optional and needs to be explicitly enabled if you want to use it:

Also, when loading old songs Cantabile will automatically enable it if there are any routes connected to it.

This will be in the next build (3587) probably later today or tomorrow.

Brad

4 Likes

The noise you are not hearing is applause.

1 Like

i found out, by chance, I had a song (not used in awhile) with MIDI passthrough, and 3583 would not open it. So, I will change my answer to YES…I do use MIDI passthrough.

Build 3587 brings back support for MIDI Passthrough.

4 Likes