Hey Bulldog grand piano recommendation

I meant maybe it’s not 8Dio I’m thinking of that is basically a crap company, because looking at their page I see quite a few things I remember liking. It might be older libraries that left the impression.

1 Like

With regards to Spitfire pricing, they offer a free version of BBC Discover if you’re willing to wait a few weeks to get it. And at least last Christmas season, they offered an upgrade to Core for $220 (that’s when I bought mine). That’s a lot more doable than the $449 regular price…

BBC Discover is not worth free. IMHO. Well, I suppose free is free.

LOL, I hear you but its the upgrade path…

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense! I see now.

How about “Have Instruments”? Most of their plugs are around $30-$50. I haven’t purchased any, but some of them sound interesting.

Never heard of them, will look

For Pianoteq owners: give this preset a shot if you have the Bechstein instrument:

Worn Bechstein.zip (6.2 KB)

I’m having tons of fun with it these days :wink: - sounds pretty cool on the Locomotive Breath intro as well…

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

John Evans was such an underrated pianist and organist. He’s one of my absolute heroes. He had the thing, like Elton, no matter what piano in what studio you put him on he got the same kind of sound from it; it was his fingers I guess. His organ sounds were always fantastic too.

3 Likes

True that. His jazz background really thrived in Tull.

1 Like