Hey Bulldog grand piano recommendation

Spitfire is great, I’ve been having a blast with their BBCSO Core. Don’t know a blooming thing about orchestration and quickly discovered its very difficult to make it sound bad. This is my first attempt at orchestra, not yet finished, but it gives an idea of what BBCSO Core can do in the hands of a commoner as opposed to trained professional…

3 Likes

Sounds good! The BBC Orchestra is a really good program. Perhaps a future in TV themes? :grin:

LOL, the immediate future is to try to finish it…doing it in sections to see what it (and me) can do. Pure orchestra and fusion with only bass and kit so far, and the next section gets my Gretsch 6120 fused in, we’ll see how it goes… No amp sim for that though because I’m hearing this feedback that only a 6120 thru an amp can do. It’s something you hear in Brian Setzer’s material and its due to the 6120 having a floating bridge on a hollow body, nothing else like it.

BTW, kit is Slate’s freebie, as is the midi for kit.

…also, it’s a headphone mix…haven’t played it back thru monitors yet so hopefully it translates…

1 Like

I was arranging music at 15, and so many instruments are keyed differently. The orchestral plugs make things line up without the headache. :wink:

So true. Heck, I don’t even read music and I figured it out.

Hi Corky,

I learned something last night, I had loaded Mrs. Mills VST3, your plugin state was VST64 so I got a message that the plugin state I’m trying load (yours) is for a different plugin. It took me a few minutes to figure out it was the VST version difference causing the issue. Indeed each VST version is a different plugin :grinning:

Yeah, that’s the way it works. I didn’t direct Cantabile to the VST3, as it was in an odd folder.

Ok, you nervy guys tricked me into buying Mrs. Mills - then bought the Hainbach Landfill Totems set, too. I stop there!!!

Geesh, forget about being nickle-and-dimed to death - I’m being $29 dollared to death here!

Thanks for the awesome lead.

Terry

4 Likes

I believe this plug had you in mind. I can so see you doing another concert, with only this one plug. It is right up your alley. :grin:

You ain’t just whistlin’ Dixie!!! :wink:

Very cool plugin.

Terry

1 Like

I am very tempted myself. I have a handful of their larger libraries, and they continue to have an amazing quality to all of them. I know I mentioned it above, but the free plugs have the same quality.
With that said, I need an endorsement deal. Spitfire? :grin:

1 Like

Did you notice the Apollo XI AGC (Automatic Guidance Computer) in the Hainbach trailer video? :wink:

2 Likes

Weirdly I saw a video of him for the first time about a week ago. He’s fabulous. It must be fun finding all that esoteric hardware then working out how to make music with it…

P

2 Likes

I will be on my rig this evening, and will do the preset on the VST3 if you want.

Cheers

Corky

I’ll keep my opinion of Spitfire to myself because it seems to be a lovefest going on :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you misspelled “spendfest”… :laughing:

1 Like

Same thing.

I DO like the LABS though, a lot.

1 Like

That’s cause they be free! :rofl:

I downloaded all the Labs over a year ago, and you are right…they really sound good. I’ve dumped quite a bit of cash on a few Spitfire plugs, but I split it with another person. I am not gonna throw away my money on their huge samplings…$999.00 for one? Not here. I used my gig money on equipment and VSTs, but no gigging for a year slowed my purchases for sure. That’s why I am liking the $29 Originals. The thing about Spitfire…they recycle many of their libraries into other newer libraries. The Original Strings sound as good as the expensive ones. There goes my endorsement deal. :roll_eyes:

Now shall we discuss 8Dio?.. :grin:

HAAAAA Yes, let’s do :smiley:

Actually though, they have a couple libraries I really like. I seem to remember thinking all their stuff was garbage but Intimate Studio Strings is terrific, especially for rock and R&B strings where a small group that’s very dry fits the bill. It layers other libraries well too. But, $300 is ridiculous. If it were $75 or something, autobuy.

Maybe it’s not 8Dio I’m even thinking of.

You are correct! It is 8Dio!

I really like the detail of recent 8Dio stuff. I did buy the Keyboard Bundle as a group buy. Of course, it contained the Studio Hammond. You know me and Hammond…I was forced to do it! I was going through the D.T.s until I got it. :cry:
It also had a Wurly, Rhodes, CP 70, and a Clavinet. All were very nicely sampled, but LARGE. The Hammond had a sampled Leslie (no ramp up or down) and a modeled Lesie, which was…ok. I ought to drag it out of storage and put an IK Leslie on it. The organ really sounded as good as anything on the market today, but the ok Leslie, and the space it needed just kept me from using it.