FR: init song to start from

Is there a way to add a new song and add an init configuration to start from?

I take it you are meaning ā€œbeyond using save-asā€ to recycle a song using it like a template.

You want to change what in the configuration, exactly?

Terry

Indeed use it as a template, to have my basic synths and connections ready. Now Iā€™m always starting from a know song and copy these. But a template to start from would be handy.

No answer to your question but: something Iā€˜d also appreciate if I understood correctly.

It would be nice to store a song as ā€žpersonal init songā€œ. In my case this would include:

• 2 output racks (one for FOH one for inear)
  • my reverb rack
  • an EQ rack
  • some bindings ā€žon song loadā€œ and no special targets (just to be filled in case)
  • sone text templates in Show Viewā€¦
    f.e.

This spezial init song must not be manipulated by calling it up (just in the same way the actual init song isnā€™t). I also could easily live with a possibility to manipulate the existing init song if creating a personal init song is too complicated.

If this is the idea behind: +1 from my side

Regards, humphrey

1 Like

Yes, you catch my drift ! :slight_smile:
Exactly what I mean !
In my case I have

• the master rack (volume, eq, tube driver)
  • reverb rack
  • basic synths I use (mostly synth1/xpand/pianoteq)
  • DMXis for some lights occasionally
  • basic notes setup (header/notes)

You can turn a song into an ā€œInitā€ template by using Save As with a song setup and then right click its icon in the Cantabile folder choosing ā€œPropertiesā€ from the bottom and select ā€œRead Onlyā€ from the properties. That forces you to always do a Save As with that file in the future, so you will never write over it.

Terry

5 Likes

Itā€™s a hack but a heck of a good one :blush:
It would be handy to have init settings on new items you add. I have some filter settings i add as standard. True, i know you can save filter templates, which is already very handy.

1 Like

Hey Sven,

Vote for it at Trello as well, itā€™s been a suggested feature for a while, maybe @brad can fit it in some time soon. I too, wish for a user defined template feature but have proceeded like Terry has for a few years now using a generic song and ā€œSave Asā€ trick.

Dave

2 Likes

TBH, I donā€™t see the big issue: I have a couple of ā€œtemplate songsā€ ready to use (piano & organ, dual manual organ, etc) with all the typical master racks, reverb and delay racks, faders and keyboards encapsulated racks etc.

I simply open one of them, use ā€œsave asā€¦ā€ and then start customizing them for a new song. Mostly, I use ā€œuse different rackā€ to replace the default piano and organ racks, then customize to taste.

Iā€™m not really missing a specific ā€œinitā€ configuration - this workflow does quite nicelyā€¦

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

Yeah sure there are ways but it could be user friendly.

+1 on this.

Iā€™d love to have this feature. This saves a lot of work when working on a new project.

1 Like