Feature request: recording profiles

hi @brad,
i’d really like to be able to select a profile that would hold which midi and audio ports are selected for recording.
at the mo, every time a new port is added it is ticked by default as a recording port.
and at the mo, if i wanted to just record midi or audio, or certain input ports, then each time i have to scroll through a lengthy list and ensure everything is set.
the difference between tracking a band and grabbing a quick idea in midi is vast. being able to quickly select one or the other would be ace :slight_smile:
cheers,
Neil B

2 Likes

+1

I’d like to see savable “snapshots” of these port settings also!

What I resorted to for my live show series (where for each daily program I had to set up a different set of recording choices, though that stayed consistent for a day week-to-week) was to set up multiple configurations using this trick.

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/multiConfig

That retains the settings for that config, but having a choice of setups for the recording options would be even more ideal!

Terry

niceone Terry, will be checking multiConfigs out.

@Neil ,

After you set up your new config and have the shortcut in place, you can then go into your basic config and copy these files in C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Topten Software\Cantabile 3.0 (x64) into your new config, pasting them in over the fresh ones that creating the config made in its own folder.

settings.json
plugins.json
plugins.cache.json
Background Rack.cantabileRack

That saves a ton of time!!! (The plugins ones are optional - you can just as easily just let it rebuild those.)

Terry

1 Like

Seems reasonable, let me think about it.

1 Like

Available now in build 3583. See here.

4 Likes

wow!
thank you!!!

1 Like

5 minutes later:

Gee Willikers!!!

Thanks, Brad!!! :smiley:

Terry

3 Likes

Don’t forget the conflicting examples… “Let me think about it”… 5 years later… nothing.

:slight_smile:

1 Like