Hm, I’d guess that if this would be an issue in other hosts too one would find it in other communities too and maybe RME would have recognized this bug already and don’t blame other people and companies for the crash.
Brads test step one on my laptop worked, there was no crash from moving the metronome from one already assigned channel to another already assigned channel (in this chan 1 and 2 were used) after the changes I played it for the evening off and on (about 6 or 7 hrs) and no crashes. Still getting the 2nd host test together hopefully soon!
Hey @brad and other interested folks,
I finished test number 2 using Studio One version 3.5.2 and it did not show any of the crashing when setting the Audio or MIDI routing with the RME Babyface Pro over a period of 3 sessions of 5 or more hours up and numerous changes to test the routing functions of it.
I don’t know how Studio One and RME roll when they first fire up the driver program but it’s possible that the ports are all loaded as “on” but the routing matrix allows muting instead of shutting the port down. Just a thought. For sure this driver doesn’t get along with C3 on the port creation and routing in some way, just as you suggest.
Thanks for looking at it.
OK interesting. Let me think about it a bit.
while reading this I remember having very similar issues with both of my laptops (RME fireface ufxII and babyface).
This all was mixed with the the engine restart issue which is fixed meanwhile. So I thought all of the crashes were related to this.
After reading and rethinking I‘d say quite some of my crashes might have been related to driver issues. As I didn‘t touch audio routings since months everything is rock solid atm.
I confirm that even the most recent C3 build 3589 crashes when making changes in the Audio Ports panel.