Corky's Guitar Amp Sim Tips and Tweaks Page šŸŽø

I think Peavy sold it to AMR, donā€™t know if they are part of the same company. Version 4 was the last update, maybe 3-4 years ago, but according to AMR, there is still a free version, and requires a dongle.

1 Like

A dongle? Huh, wonder when they added that. Well screw that then, never mind. Thereā€™s better free options.

1 Like

For all those invested in the Mercuriall range (or considering it) - they have now created an integrated platform called AmpBox around their amp sims - no more need to have separate plugins. Itā€™s all wrapped into one ā€œmaster pluginā€, containing stomps, preamp, power amp, EQ, delay & reverb.

Currently, it can host their version of the Bogner Ecstasy, the Boogie Reaxis, and the Engl E530 - the rest of their product portfolio (Spark, SS11-X) will probably be ported to work with AmpBox in the future.

If you own one of the three products above, you can activate them for free to work within AmpBox.

Definitely working very nicely - aside from my usual gripe of their chorus not being mono compatible - but that can be worked around by only using one stereo channel and running the plugin in monoā€¦

Following @Corkyā€™s lead, Iā€™m also in the process of slimming down my guitar setup - but instead of the Gojira rig (which is also veeerrry niceā€¦), Iā€™m building my guitar sounds on the Mercuriall Ecstasy (aka Euphoria), with the Reaxis and Engl sprinkled in when neededā€¦ All in one plugin, all in one rack - enough for my needs.

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

Thanks for this Torsten! Iā€™ve been so busy lately that I havenā€™t taken the time to read my emails in weeks, but I stop by here everyday. :grin: No doubt I missed the notification for this. Good choice on the Ecstasy!

I did a gig with the band on December 23rd and decided that I would not use my main Cantabile rig for guitars and keys but use my back up version of of 88 weighted MODX 8 and Line 6 Helix. The back up rig is a slightly shorter set up time and slightly less gear. I did the gig but caught COVID. The Cantabile gods were punishing me. :sneezing_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Ah, hope you get well soon. There is the COVID-19 - When You Least Expect It :mask: with all the casualties encountered, so you are not alone.

1 Like

New from Nembrini. Looks Cool ā€¦and on introductory Sale!

Cheers,

Dave

2 Likes

Saw this in my email last night. Havenā€™t had a chance to check it out yet.

This looks like what I want to do, I downloaded the thu metal pack to try it and probably will purchase it, at this point I built one preset with two amps, and everything else I use, doing the switching with turning each component on or off individually with ccā€™s, and notes.

A quick heads-up to the TH-U users here: Bert Meulendijk has joined the TH-U rig library team and brought with him two of his (IMHO) best Kemper impulse packs: the Wisseloord amp collection and his Bogner Ecstacy Classic pack.

Both of these packs are captured with and without speakers, so also great to combine with your own speaker IR or with Supercabinet libraries. I pair them with my Celestion IRs - I have their Greenbacks, Creambacks, V30 and V-Type libraries, plus their Vox pack, so almost all bases covered :wink: (a Fender Blackface also plays pretty nice with Creambacks or V30sā€¦).

Between the two packs, you can cover a pretty broad gamut of styles and sounds, so a definite recommendation while theyā€™re on saleā€¦

Cheers,

Torsten

2 Likes

TH-U is constantly adding new rigs, and has really upped the game during the pandemic years.

Heads-up - even more G.A.S. coming up:

Igor Nembrini has just released his version of the Fender Bassman - judging from the audio demos, that one is up to his usual standards and probably a must-have if you like the traditional Fenderish Blues soundā€¦

And of course thereā€™s the usual release discountā€¦

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

Got an email on it this morning. Thought, hmmm. Checking my pockets now!

1 Like

Iā€™m going to check out Faceman later today. I wonder how it relates to bx_bassdude which I understand was developed by Igor. I picked it up years ago for about $20. It was my first ā€œpaidā€ guitar sim (was running with Poulan and some others before) so it became my goto along with their Mesa sim.

Compared bx_bassdude and Faceman today.

By choosing different cabs (never noticed until now they refer in bx_bassdude to the cabs as IRā€™s) and adjusting the input gain and power soak I was able to get a sound thatā€™s very similar to Faceman using bx_bassdude. Faceman responds better to playing dynamics and the cabinet IRā€™s are very good - especially the default 1x15 JBL.

UPDATE 1: I might still buy Faceman - I went through my favorite AmpliTube 5 Fender amps which are very good but thereā€™s something about Nembrini sims that just play more like a real amp.

UPDATE 2: Decided to buy it - Nembrini amp sims play the most like an amp which is how I like to play (prefer to lay tracks with just amp sound)

1 Like

Hi All,

New guitar amp sim from Neural DSP

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

I think thatā€™s the amp YouTuber Paul Davids gigs with. Trying it now

Iā€™m really hoping Nembrini does a vintage Supro 1624T. Iā€™ve suggested it to him, and if youā€™re interested in this amp maybe contact him as well to suggest it. Maybe if he gets enough suggestions heā€™ll do it.

1 Like

Nembrini HiVolt 103 (HiWatt) thru Seacow M1960 IR variants might just be good enough to convince me to take a leap to software amps. Bought it while on sale and still messing with it, but liking it a-plenty so far. Hopefully this one doesnā€™t end up in the ā€œclose but no cigar folderā€ like so many others. Worth a listen imo if that kind of amp is in your style range.

1 Like

Hey folks - Nembrini has another one:

This time heā€™s built a Dumble virtual clone. Since the Dumble sound isnā€™t high on my priorities list (and I have the Twinkleland rig library for TH-U if I need it), I wonā€™t be buying that one, but if youā€™re after the Robben Ford, John Mayer, SRV sound, probably something to give a try.

Happy G.A.S.!

Torsten

2 Likes