Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

Go to Settings in the VST, and yiu can resize between 70 an 130%.

2 Likes

Damn, I thought I’d looked in all places, but missed the setting out there on the left. Great - thanks !!! Still larger than I’d hoped for, but at least useful now.

Is it just me, or has GSi abandoned the Rotary plugin with the 2023 version of VB3-II?

Just fiddled with the Rotary plugin for another discussion here, and the plugin stubbornly shows as “Demo version”. Given that the plugin version is stuck at 1.0.1, I suspect that GSi haven’t created a separate Rotary plugin for the 2023 version - instead they seem to rely on the “remote” plugin that can pipe audio into VB3-II for processing. So the new licensing effectively kills my old Rotary plugin from version 1.x - not nice…

The remote plugin is an interesting idea, but it complicates things a bit too much for me - if I want to simply slap a Leslie on a Rhodes or a guitar, I’d need to load a full instance of VB3-II plus the remote plugin - more complexity and more CPU drain - naaaaaah!

So I guess I’ll keep using Spin from Blue3 for that kind of application. Good to have options :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the discovery Torsten. Been out of the US for a few weeks, so I have a lot to catch up on. I will see if GSI responds to my questions.

Regards

Corky

A new contender…Toontrack Session Organ EKX for EZ Keys 2

2 Likes

OMG! This looks like a huge rabbit hole I’m about to get sucked into. If you don’t own the EZ Keys software the best option is to buy it in a bundle which is $269.00. Yikes!!!

1 Like

Thankfully I had EZ Drummer installed. Decided to pick up the cross grade to EZKeys 2 with the core library and Session Organ. Looking forward to delving into both.

1 Like

Damn!
I was trying to forget it, and you are showing it here
:rofl:

1 Like

Session Organ ended up being $89USD

1 Like

Not to change the subject, but stumbled across this and hung around through part 3. The payoff is the vintage collection he has. I know there are some on this forum that could give this guy a run for his money and probably one-up him, but it’s always nice to see well worn, but great sounding classic keys in action. He makes his way around the room eventually getting to all of them by the 3rd video. I linked them all below

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

3 Likes

Just a quick heads up:

Blue3 was acquired by CherryAudio

https://gg-audio.com/

Interesting! Thanks for the info Walter!

Hi to all.
I am unable to install the VB3-II 2.1.1 upgrade.
Any suggestions?

Sergio

Maybe this is the right place to share this one…

Gabriel

7 Likes

Beautiful, very beautiful.
It was exciting to see the youtube, like being there, all in real time.
Seeing the inside of a Hammond, the 91 phonic wheels, the capacitors and resistors from 50-plus years ago, the leslie…
All those wires, gears and as a result its magnificent sound!
It gives me chills.
Excellent, Gab!!!

1 Like

These are the rare moments when you play an instrument the first time and you are excited about the tone and playability.
I played many electronic instruments and had it only a few times. Most the time with newer instruments my first thought is: Oh’, I’ll have to do something with it to make it sound good; somtimes it works, sometimes not.

1 Like

Should I pickup UAD Waterfall Leslie for $29? I always try to have a complete B3 plugin set :grinning:

UPDATE - I got it.

2 Likes

I like the Waterfall Rotary more.
Will

All the new contenders will be on my new blind test coming soon. Very tedious!!

1 Like

I watch this guy a lot, BUT he is a little too happy. Too much caffine and cocaine. :star_struck: :hugs: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: