Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

Waterfall on sale for $59 at pluginboutique - someone talk me out of this :laughing:

iLok

2 Likes

Is true you can get their iLok implementation working offline with an everyday USB stick laying around?

:rofl:

Heck if I know :laughing:

Hopefully the Waterfall honeymoon period is over and Corky will tell me he’s back to B-3X :grinning:

Hoping to get back to the Waterfall, and others soon. I am recovering from a much needed hip surgery, and haven’t touched a keyboard in weeks. But, I am doing very well, and may setup my rig this weekend.

I will be back into the Waterfall 1st thing. The $59 is a good price. iLok is a pain, but I’ve used it in a live gig, and it sounds great. I started a rack for Waterfall and need to finish it.

Yes, B-3X and the old VB3 are still very dominant in my gig list. :wink:

Sure you can. As with UVI, AiR, etc. etc, you can save the license into the USB dongle. It works well, and I never had problems with UA plugs.
If the installer put the license on the cloud/computer, just open iLok manager and transfer it on dongle, piece of cake.

The autorun of the UA manager at startup is a pain, go to task manager → startup and disable it. You will lose the auto-update of the plugin, but it’s not a real problem. Just run the UA manager manually from time to time.
At least, this is my 0.02€ …experience.

1 Like

Nice to know this…thanks!

1 Like

Hi Corky,

Glad to hear your hip surgery recovery is going well!

I immediately liked Waterfall. Didn’t buy it yet in hopes it might go on sale so now is the time.

Also, it looks like I might be doing “second keyboard” for some friends I’ve been doing sound for. The keyboard player doesn’t want to multitask on a second keyboard so I would do Hammond and Rhodes. Waterfall struck me right at the first listen as good for live playing.

UPDATE: I got MoogerFooger as a freebie! I was thinking of buying it at some point so this worked out well.

I bought hardware lately (Poly-D, Cobalt8, HydraSynth), so I am getting hungry again with these UA deals. :yum:

1 Like

Apparently you waited it out at the right time. :laughing:

I am not disappointed with my early purchase. Just something special I heard in it.

I know the feeling…G.A.S. is a dangerous thing. I’ve been hanging out at the Brainworx site lately. :smirk:

1 Like

You can also authorise to your PC hardware, and thus do not need the dongle if you have no need to move one about

Hi Derek.

How do you authorize?
I’m curious and interested!

Sergio

Further pricing update:
UA has a Half Year sale till the end of June, so Waterfall B3 and Waterfall Rotary are each $59. As well, this morning UA emailed me that there is a further $25 discount if you spend $99 or more. This means you can get both the B3 and the Rotary for a total of $93. Seems like a great deal! Although I’m still concerned about the iLok. I hope someone can confirm that you can use a USB stick without an internet connection?
It still means that I will need to add another USB hub to my live setup, since all my existing USB ports are already in use.

Not with UAD products.

I can confirm it. Internet connection only needed during download and iLok setup.

1 Like

OK, must be a policy each vendor can set. I do not have an iLOK dongle.

Every other piece of software I have that requires iLOK authorisation is against either my DAW PC or GIG PC - no dongle.

Not withstanding this UAD software, which Corky says cannot be authorised against hardware, all I have done is chosen the computer in the iLOK manager. I do not have an ILOK dongle. It’s as simple as that