Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

That is beautifully put. Synths don’t illicit the same kind of… yearning. Maybe because amps are rarely a ‘thing’ in that world. In this world? Organic.

1 Like

UA responded to my enquiry:

Tuesday at 11:26

Hi there, my name is Adrian Lee. I have enjoyed using your hardware since the UAD1 in the early 00’s. I was a founder member of Mike & the Mechanics and was definitely not risk averse when we would bring technology best suited to the studio out on our first tour in 1985, where it was fingers crossed every night that it would all hold together.
So… I recently purchased your fabulous Waterfall Rotary plugin. I understood that it relied on iLok authorization, but missed the part where cloud authorization relied on an internet connection. That means a physical iLok must be employed when playing live, where an internet connection is the last thing one wants to worry about; nor the possibility that a small but vital dongle is the difference between sound or no sound.
I do have other products which are iLok authorized but use the computer’s ID/HD for security, and do not insist on rather prone USB dongles to be present.
These measures certainly do not bother me in a studio environment, but live? It seems to be a constant theme in purchase decisions where, regardless of quality, the risks outweigh the benefits.
The iLok mechanism does provide for computer authorization. Over at the Cantabile forum (excellent live hosting software) there is a lot of enthusiasm for the Waterfall products, but real concern about the policing policy.
This is a plea on behalf of those musicians who are taking the risk of running tech in live situations, and who see the current UA policy as an impediment to stress free performance, as illustrated by the attached shots. I hope that you reconsider the insistence on cloud authorization, and allow the computer to be the dongle.
Many thanks for your kind attention.
Adrian

Their response:

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for being such a long time user! It must have been terrifying bringing such expensive and fragile pieces out on stage night after night back in the day…

At this time, and as you are aware, the only option for offline use of Native plugins is the iLok USB dongle.

Using Native UAD (UADx) Plug-In Licenses Offline with iLok USB

I will however mark this ticket a product complaint/request. Complaints are reviewed weekly by management.

I hope that you have a great rest of your week!

So, it is what it am. It’s anyone’s guess where it ends up.

4 Likes

Very nice Adrian! I wasn’t as cordial as you, but didn’t make any enemies :laughing:
I received a similar letter. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Corky I hope you’re in the closet with a mattress over your head. Tornadoes :tornado: heading toward south Memphis at 9pm CDT. Big storms in the Midwest USA Today.

1 Like

Just south of me…got lucky again. Thanks for he heads up! :wink:

1 Like

Still 11 significant tornado warnings as of 9:20pm CDT. Looks like Little Rock took a big hit. Illinois and Indiana, too.

This guy

The worst cell started in Little Rock and went north of Memphis. It had multiple tornadoes on the ground at the same time. It tore up several Arkansas towns, and at last look, they were on the ground for 189 miles.
The other cells were about 15 miles South of me.
I will have to check him out!

Where is @dave_dore? Isn’t he in NW Arkansas?

They’re talking about mass casualty event at Belvedere, IL Apollo Theater death metal concert.

1 Like

Yeah Dave is in NW Arkansas. So is my son. Wow, killer concert, huh? I shouldn’t kid, just got a warning for my location. Gotta get in my hidey hole1

1 Like

Just now got all clear.

3 Likes

Everyone loves cheese.
Plenty here. :joy:

3 Likes

I need some wine with this cheese. :cheese:

I actually watched the full video during lock down. He’s running pretty hot on that distortion. I like how far in front of the band he is.

I too have been a recipient of this offering and I must agree that he is in his own speed zone compared to the group. I had thankfully forgotten it till my curiosity got the better of me. :unamused:

1 Like

Thanks @Ade…NOT!

:rofl:

1 Like

’m just happy knowing i brought a little inspiration to your world.
All that jelly and no roll. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I didn’t know a Hammond could sound like that :rofl:

2 Likes

Just thought I’d drop a little Saturday gem I happened across on youtube, and this seemed like just the place for it…fantastic playing.

7 Likes

Nice find Steve! I’ve never seen this. :+1:

Hammond organ and Moog is still a good combination - and two of the best players - very nice.

I’ve seen it before, but still great to watch it again. Two masters together. And some great banter as well