Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

IMHO…It’s really not bad, but not as good as the others I use. The overtones are not really there, and the rotary is a little “cheesy” sounding. Is better with IK Leslie. I have it …never use it. $9.99 is good to experiment with it.

1 Like

Thanks,
“Never used it” tells me enough to avoiding purchase it. I’ll switch to other low-priced synths. Big choice there.

1 Like

I saw that $10 DB-33 and wondered if it would be worth it but I’m sure I’d never use it with B5, B-3X and VB3’s on deck.

2 Likes

At the end, I bought AiR Loom 2 ($19.99 -> €17). Too bad, the Synthogy American Grand (a 50GB Steinway-D 33% off)) is not obtainable for Italian buyers, so I’m disappointed.
IK software is not gettable to Italians as well, hard to swallow, IK is an Italian brand.

1 Like

I don’t understand why IK would do that. Seems to me they would gladly accept cash, no matter where from. Is your IP the give away to your location, or your payment?

That is a head scratcher. Patience pays off with IK - they always end up offering a low price at some point. Right now I can buy Modo Drums for $170. I’m really happy with how Superior Drums is working with my edrum kit so I’ll pass but Modo Drums is interesting. It generates sounds sort of the way the Roland V-Drums work - synthesized but uses samples.

It is not the developer itself to directly sell. These offers are managed by kvraudio.com and a related seller. My IP is Italian, so I don’t understand the behavior of the online store.

Hi Paolo,

I would be willing to buy it and transfer the license to you. I don’t think there is a geographic restriction on IK license transfers

LMK

EDIT - the deal would need to be a big discount - the transfer cost $19

1 Like

I had that problem once trying to get a purchase for a Montage sound library that was America only. But if you go for one of those browsers that mask where you are from and can spoof the country then it is possible. From memory it was the Tor browser I used. Obviously I was not using it for nefarious criminal underworld activity!

I bought IK things using my regular account with them. As an existing user I got prices better than discount on KVR or Plugin Boutique. If you accept their newsletter, you get updated news on offers and it is sometimes good enough.

Doug,
Thanks! The trouble is not IK itself, it was the online seller (KVR marketplace) to sell few brands with country limits. Last Monday there were 1000 plugins/programs up to 98% OFF. Nothing interesting in IK page, anyway.
I have no troubles buying from the IK official site. I purchased BX-3 and T-Racks, with no issues.

I use a VPN provider, sometimes. Trouble is when you need to compile a form and select your country, the system may refuse the purchase. Or, the credit card can say where you come from.

Same here. See above my answer to Doug.

For those of you who have actually purchased the IK T-Racks Leslie plug, do they force you to load the entire T-Racks like they do when you are running in demo mode (and you have to have another app with internet connection up also) or are you just loading what you purchased (the Leslie plug)?

The demo thing is a bit clunky…

Steve, look at your PM.

Hi All,

For B5 owners I got this in the mail from A S … when I saw the part about “playing a B5 organ”
I thought of @Corky right away … :grin: . I have no video to enter but it looked like fun for those that might have one. Here it is …

Want to win 3 free AcousticSample products?

Want to win 3 free Acousticsamples products?

Let us start out by saying ‘thank you’ for supporting us and purchasing the B5 Organ. We hope you’ve updated (for free) to version 3 by now!
We’ve gotten great feedback from so many users and are thrilled that you are as happy with the organ as we are.

As a way of saying thanks, we decided to make a competition for all B5 users. Here’s the rules:

• Submissions are open from today, January 14th through 11:59 PM February 21st (PST).
  • Upload a video on YouTube of you playing the B5 Organ (a solo piece, a full song over a backing track or with a band, in a track you’ve created, an accompaniment with a ripping solo and crazy effects, … whatever you want!). Try and make sure the audio is as clean as possible! This is a competition, afterall.
  • You can submit as many different songs or videos as you like! Just keep each video to a single song or theme.
  • Once it’s ready send us the link(s) to the video(s) using the form on the competition page (see link below).
  • We will upload the videos to the competition page on our site that is available to the public, who will also be notified.
  • Voting will be available to the public from February 22nd through 11:59 PM February 28.

Now here’s the best part…

• 1st place will receive a voucher for any 3 Acousticsamples products of their choosing!*
  • 2nd place will receive a voucher for any 2 Acousticsamples products of their choosing!*
  • 3rd place will receive a voucher for any 1 Acousticsamples product of their choosing!*

*Bundles are not included
**If you do not have a YouTube account or have no means of recording video/making a video file, feel free to send us your audio file and we will upload it to our channel as a video with some B5 screenshots.

So, what are you waiting for? Get going! And remember, you have until the 21st to send in as many submissions as you want.

Unsubscribe

Cheers!

Dave

Hello Corky, I’m a relatively new Cantabile user and big fan of Hammonds. Up until now I’ve been using Forte for my VST host. Over the years I’ve ‘progressed’ from NI B4, to VB3 and VB3-II.
I’ve been reading thru the Organ Tips page - fantastic! And thank you for the presets! I want to try using the presets, but I don’t yet own IK Leslie. I’m trying to decide which version to purchase (Amplitube or T-Racks). I have a license for T-RackS 5 CS and AmpliTube 5 CS, but I have never used them.
In your notes you state " The IK Leslie I use in these presets will be in T-Racks, even though I prefer Amplitube.".

1. Why do you prefer Amplitube?
  2. It seems that your presets use the T-Racks version. Is that because you can’t export the AmpliTube presets?

Thank you - David

Hey Dave

Didn’t see this as I have not had internet due to this 100 yr blizzard. I suppose I could send that Memphis video I did.

Hi David, and welcome to this thread. I prefer Amplitube mainly because I have many other choices than in TRacks. Many choices of pedals, rack processors and amps. In Cantabile, I can add the same from other developers in line also, but Amplitube has it available within the same plugin. And, regardless of what IK says, there is a “difference” to my rusty old ears. Don’t get me wrong…TRacks is great too. AT was just my preference, even though it adds more cpu footprint than TRacks.

The reason I used TRacks in the presets, is because a majority of C3 members were using it, instead of AT. I wanted to share to as many as possible. I can export AT presets, but I did not make any, mainly due to the enormous task I took on. I was studying each preset thouroughly, and tried to pull what I could out of each VST…not an easy task in some cases.
The IK Leslie was a game changer for all us Hammonites. It really opened the door for me to show off what I could, and couldn’t do with these vsts. Hope that answers you questions.

Before you buy, you might want to check out IK’s Hammond. Everything you need in the same package.

1 Like

Well f**k that! I want a contest to win B5!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If I win, I will give you the B5 license.

1 Like

I just entered my video! If I win, Fred will get a B5 license.

2 Likes