Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

Thank you for all this effort and generosity … :grinning:

2 Likes

This thread just reached 1000 replies and 22,032 views. Thanks for all the participation! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Damn, all those Blue3 programs, and I bought B5 just two weeks ago. You are challenging me, isn’t it? Well, now a question about your programs for B5. You published a program for B5 and another for UVI Workstation. Why a program (a very big one) for UVI? As far I know, UVI Workstation is only the environment for the B5, so what the program does? Sorry the silly question, it’s my first UVI approach.
A good new, I got the Line 6 pedal, now I need to remap the switch B, now it sends a sysex string, I would assign it to change Leslie speed.
Last, but not least, thanks for all your programs

I am working on B5 v3 presets now. Since it is vastly different from v2.5, I have to start from scratch, so it will be awhile. The Blue3 presets are remakes of my previously posted presets, but made for VST3 format.

B5 uses UVI as a host, much like Kontakt. There are many other programs made for it. All Acoustic Samples plugs have to be hosted by UVI. Think of UVI as a vst plugin (.dll). Once you load UVI, all the instruments you own for UVI will be available to you. The snapshot presets are too large to post directly to the forum, so I use Google drive to distribute them. With UVI involved, it takes more info, thus larger files.

Shouldn’t be hard to do. Use Cantabile midi monitor to determine the “B” cc#, then bind it to Leslie speed.

1 Like

@cpaolo

Just for your info on the Line 6 pedal…

The “D” switch is more like an on/off switch. I use it to engage virtual pedals, such as switching a tremolo effect on and off. Works very well, just bind it to the fx pedal on/off. The information manual is basically how to setup with Line 6 software. Just disregard it, and use bindings in Cantabile…where the magic begins. :wink:

In some instances, I use the “A” switch to advance song state, the “C” switch for previous state, and “B” for loading the next song on the setlist. In that case, I use states to change effects, lyrics, song map, and so on. In the song “Gimmie Some Lovin”, I use a certain Hammond drawbar setting, but change the drawbars in the pre-chorus by hitting the “A” switch, which changes the drawbar settings with the next state…and so on.

Thanks for info. At now, default settings are:
“A” switch: cc#64
“B”, “C” and “D” switches: useless sysex messages.

I’ll download the Line 6 Monkeys program to re-map switches to any CC#.
Then, the magic of bindings…

“A” is cc# 64, “C” is cc# 65, “D” is cc# 19…Don’t remember “B” at this moment.

I disregarded the manual and setup. The sysex strings you are getting are for the Line 6 software. If there is a reset, whether hardware/software, use it, then just go back to using it in Cantabile.

1 Like

I’ll try reset. I didn’t read the manual yet.

1 Like

Just got this this from UVI…

Alexandre Sole (UVI Support)

Dec 14, 2020, 15:08 GMT+1

Hi Corky,

Thanks for reaching us.

I confirm you that we have no plan to add VST3 support to UVI Workstation at the moment,

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

All the best from Paris,
Support Team

So, B5 will remain VST 2

1 Like

Just for the record: I bought Blue3. OMG, billions of parameters to play with. It’s Corky, every time he says a Hammond emulator is good, I’m compelled to purchase it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My new favorite preset for the B3-X!

Blending between this and 888000000 via my organizer script is now my go-to preset. Thanx for sharing, @Corky!

1 Like

You are welcome Torsten! I find it useful for most anything…especially for on the fly situations. Different drawbar settings, and adding C3 vibrato really puts the sound into a new world with slight changes. I have buttons bound to the vibrato and percussion, so a simple touch heightens things to a new level. Glad you enjoy it.

Had to post this guy. I know there are a lot of Yes fans on the forum and a lot of multi-instrumentalists. I stumbled on this guy on youTube and had to post him. This Yes medley is a bit lengthy, but this guy is ridiculous. Notice the old school approach on the keys. Enjoy

9 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all your efforts. I do have all the pieces necessary. Can’t wait to try them out.
Outstanding work! :musical_keyboard: :desktop_computer::speaker: :notes: :star_struck:

1 Like

Oh’ man - fantastic.

He does One Man Genesis too, right? Talented guy!

The one man Genesis is awesome, so guess this Yes one must be as well!

I had the time to have a listen this morning to that one man Yes show. Some people have way too much talent! What is simply amazing is he is pulling off the parts of FOUR virtuoso musicians in their own right. To do one is staggering. To do four is simply obscene! :slight_smile:

Results: UVI B-5 latest with the Ampltube Leslie. The additional Leslie is not really necessary but mixed in adds a nice flavor. Got my sound! Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

@Corky
DB-33 opinion, please. KVR is selling at $9.99 :astonished: