Corky’s VST Organ Tips and Tweaks Page 🎹

And what does the organ meister thing of it?

I have listened to the demos and like what I hear, and for once some decent rock demos. :slight_smile:

I can hear the usual Blue3 with improvements, but a much better layout, and Leslie is better. I played it for about an hour, so I haven’t gone into the depths yet. I am thinking this is going to be a good Prog Rock plugin.

They are offering a demo for 30 days with an occasional noise, if you want to try it.

I have so many organs I could make a living giving transplants. :grin:

I’ve already started a blind comparison on the others, but waited for this to add to the list. Dunno when I will get it done. Sometime soon I hope.

1 Like

Different flavor? Better than competitors?
I’m reckoning the blind test - with a real Hammond and Leslie tucked in there, would be a lot of fun. Who’s got access to the real deal amongst us?

Meanwhile, B-3X can now be had for $39:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/virtual-instruments/ik-multimedia-hammond-b-3x

1 Like

Great idea! I have access to a Hammond. I may just throw that in. It would be fun :grin:

2 Likes

Wow…the competition is getting crazy. $39? Quite a drop since it 1st came out.

The new Blue3 is now $49. Gospel Organ was $49…now $99. VB3 II 2024 is roughly $100.

2 Likes

LOL, apparently they are wanting to rain on others parades!

2 Likes

As long as you look after your vital organs, you have nothing to fear.

4 Likes

Hi everyone.
I did some tests with the Cherry Blue3 Organ Demo. I like it, it has improved over the previous GG Audio version.
My tests (I’m not a pro like many of you) were based for the time being on ‘manipulating’ one of the presets there, the ‘Very Good People 1’.
What struck me suspiciously was that there was no need to insert my usual external effects of Eq, Chorus, Reverb, etc., which I place in the Background Rack, (in Loopback).
As someone in the forum knows about me, I’m a bit of a stickler for reproducing A Whiter Shade as in the original sounds. When I find a vst like that, I’m already more than halfway done!
With B-3X, Waterfall, VB3, I set up these effects, but there was no need for them here. Let’s just say that I ‘worked’ a bit on the internal settings and, on a scale of 1 to 10, I managed to get at least 8! The only external effect I have set in a light form is the Sanford Reverb (in Church), but I will also try the internal reverb later.
I tried something like Gospel, Rock and even some Jon Lord stuff: not bad!
It needs work, but the first impression was good.
I think the price is worth the purchase. It costs much less than others, at the same level.

Sergio

1 Like

Took the plunge and found out it dropped to $39 at checkout and they offer an add-on for $10 -100 presets. Since I expected to pay $49 to start, adding in the presets still makes it $49. I like to use presets and then modify those to suit. B-3X, Waterfall, VB3-II, B5, and the new and improved Blue 3. I also have a Hammond SK Pro, and Arturia’s V-Lab software and its B-3 clone. Looking forward to being able to use the latter with IK Leslie. That should hold me until the next one comes out :grin:

2 Likes

May as well hear a little Hammond sweetness behind the ripping tele of the late, great Roy Buchanan!

3 Likes

YouTube says the video is unavailable

got it now!!
Great organ AND a fantastic guitar lesson.

Some great hammond work coupled with a very underrated talent to be sure in Roy Buchanan. How does 36 years go by that quick? He would be 85 this year…it just can’t be. @sgarman Ade…from one Steve to another…thanks for dropping it here. I surely had other stuff to do, but ended up watching the whole thing :smile:

3 Likes

Weird thing…Roy could have been my twin. He looks just like me in the 70s. Don’t have his talent though.

2 Likes

Not many do. His playing is effortless. Roy in '88 and Stevie Ray in '90…Blues took a big hit in that 2 year span for sure. That opening solo of Roy’s is one of the most creative ones ever captured on tape/video IMHO

1 Like

This bit of history just popped up in my FarceBook feed :rofl:

Thank heaven the virtual equivalents are so good now.

5 Likes

It’s probably a heresy to say here that I am not really an out and out blues fan, but there is some great playing here on both guitar and keys

2 Likes

B3 with two 122? It is the heaviest object in the universe even with just one!
It may be surpassed only by the GX-1.

I’m not a true fan of blues (although I gladly listen), but this performance is striking.

My response to that is “well played”!

2 Likes