Cantabile can’t see reafir-standalone any more.

For over a year I was using Voicemeeter Banana and Cantabile for reafir-standalone to remove some line noise. Then Cantabile failed with an error message. I tried to troubleshoot it, but Cantabile could no longer find reafir. It could still see reacontrolmidi-standalone, reajs and reastream-standalone in the same directory, but none of the other dll’s. I tried updating Cantabile to 3665, but no luck. Then reinstalling the 3628 version, but it still couldn’t see them. I tried installing the dll’s on other drives as well and included those dir in the plugin options, but it still couldn’t see them. I installed Loudmax64 and Protoverb and got them working, but still no reafir.

It was nearly a year to the day that it stopped working, in case the lite version expires. The only change to the computer was a geforce video driver update: 460.89-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe and I installed Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk might have been after the problem started.

I did read Plugins not showing in Cantabile
But I didn’t copy reafir from another computer, it just stopped working.

I have a small youtube channel and would like to get rid of the noise again.

Thank You
Wilx

Hi Wilx and Welcome to the Forum!

A few questions.

• Have you run a full scan of the plugins?

SnapShot 355

• Can you post a picture of your VST folder where the ReaFir dll is located?

• What exact version of Cantabile are you using and what version number now (I know you tried different ones)?

I’m just trying to get an idea of what we can do to figure it out.

Cheers,

Dave

Have you run a full scan of the plugins?
Yes. Many times

What exact version of Cantabile are you using and what version number now (I know you tried different ones)?
Version 3.0 3665 (x64)

Thank you, in the song where the plug was working what does the slot it was in indicate?

I assume at this point that it does not appear in the VST list in Cantabile if you tried to add it again or anew. Correct?

Still gathering info,

Dave

in the song where the plug was working what does the slot it was in indicate?
Sorry I’m not sure I understand the question.

Here is a screen where I try to add a plugin:

I replaced my headset/microphone and neither LoudMax or Protoverb are doing much of anything right now. I’m more interested in getting reafir_standalone.dll working.

Yes, I understand. Just a few more asks.

• Have you tried a re- install of rea plugs? In not please do so and re-scan plugins afterwards.

• If you have already done the previous could you do the following. Go to the menu item Options>Diagnostics>Logging and select “Open Settings Folder” and when it opens the pop up box select the settings, plugins & plugins.cache files (they are all.json extensions) and put them in a .zip file and post them here if you can (sometime new users might not have permissions yet) I need to look at those files anyway to sleuth this out.

Are you sure you have the right version of ReaFir installed? When you run Cantabile x64, you also need the 64 bit version of the ReaPlugs. Could be you used to run the 32 bit version of Cantabile in the past (both are installed).

If you are sure you have the correct version installed, how about manually inserting the plugin by browsing directly to the DLL file:

Does this work?

I think I had something similar to this happen a while back and IIRC it cleared up after I pointed C3 to an empty folder and did a full rescan for plugins, which of course found nothing, and then pointed it back to the actual plugin folder and did another full rescan. Maybe worth a try…

Have you tried a re- install of rea plugs? In not please do so and re-scan plugins afterwards.

Multiple times including in different directories and drives.

put them in a .zip file and post them here if you can (sometime new users might not have permissions yet)

I made the zip but can’t paste it here.

Good point. reaplugs_readme.txt “The REAPER-only versions use 64-bit audio processing end-to-end, whereas these standalone versions use 64-bit processing internally, but 32-bit I/O.”

That was from the directory where it use to work, but no longer does. I also have another directory with Reaper (x64) that has reafir.dll, but that doesn’t work either.

If I browse for reafir.dll or reafir-standalone cantabile crashes. Same way it crashed when it first stopped working.

Made an empty folder and used it only. Full rescan. Included the plugin folders again. Full Rescan. Still can’t see reafir. Tried it with just the Reaper (x64) plugins and it couldn’t see the dlls at all. It can only see some of the dlls in the VSTPlugins directories.

*** Solved *** I was still using windows 7. After updating some stuff (video driver etc) a lot of things broke, including cantabile. I updated to windows 10 and the problems went away.

1 Like