Cantabile 4 Alpha Available

Bug

Not intentional

Sounds like a bug.

Thanks for reporting these. I’ve added them to the known issues page and will fix asap.

OpenGL.zip (1.7 MB)

Attached zip with 3 images: first with OpenGL Disabled, then 2 with OpenGL Enabled - first right after clicking on a menu header, then another after hovering to another menu (without selecting anything).

As you mentioned, I can disable OpenGL, which works fine, as the graphics acceleration is not important in most cases.

Just testing this. I can’t reproduce any issue with the plugin being “minimized” but it is appearing behind the main window - is that what you mean?

Build 4015 available now fixes a bunch of issues.

4 Likes

Nice - first “bug” spottet even before installation :slight_smile:

:+1:

…Touché

Oops. Copy/paste bug. Fixed.

2 Likes

Is anyone else getting the “Are you sure you want to exit?” dialogue twice? This just started with build 4115,

When you press on the PC keyboard by pressing the key corresponding to A ("+" key) the note F # is highlighted on the onscreen and by pressing the key corresponding to F (key “è”) the note D # of a lower octave is highlighted .
Up until a few previous releases, the keys were correctly aligned.
Is it my problem or a bug?

Bug, I’ll fix it.

(fwiw I made some changes to top-level window lifecycle management a couple of builds ago and still sorting out the side effects of that change).

Nothing has changed here in the last couple of builds and it works correctly for me, but I’m using a standard US layout keyboard.

1. Do you know which build this started misbehaving. If you can narrow it down that’d help.
  2. What keyboard layout are you using?

Brad

Hi Brad.
I double checked by reinstalling cantabile from 4000 up to 4016, I realized that the problem exists from the first version. Unless to have an optimal condition I have to completely uninstall Cantabile 4 and start over from 4000 onwards. In this regard, I do not know if uninstalling something remains that is not deleted and must be deleted manually. Eventually let me know.

My keyboard is: QWERTYUIOPè +

Hi Sergio,

So just to clarify, this is an issue in all builds of Cantabile v4, but works fine in Cantabile v3?

I need to know the name of your keyboard layout. What’s does Windows say in your Language settings for the keyboard layout. ie: this:

Hi @Sergio I think I might have found this issue with the key mapping. Please try build 4018 and let me know.

@Brad, all solved. The keyboard, with build 4018, now responds perfectly !!!
You also asked me about my keyboard, language, etc .: it’s all set up for the Italian system.

One thing: alwais remember if you can make Cantabile 4 recognizable from Cantabile 3, a 4 on the icon or the inversion of the two colors or, again two different colors, or as your graphic designer would like (we know that your favorite is yours son …).

Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

One thing: alwais remember if you can make Cantabile 4 recognizable from Cantabile 3, a 4 on the icon or the inversion of the two colors or, again two different colors …

Or (to avoid changing the icon) i’d suggest just a small Greek letter alpha subscript superimposed on the classic Cantabile icon, as a temporary flag to distinguish C4 for the duration of alpha testing.

2 Likes

I tried the “revert rack” function, and it reverted slightly more than expected, all my bindings disappeared. I tried the same in C3, with a crash as the result (I send the crash report).

@TorstenH can you send me a copy of the rack?

1 Like

Hi everyone, Hi @brad.
I wanted to ask this thing:
Since Brad started releasing the Cantabile 4 builds, I’ve been going a bit parallel with the C3, in the sense that everything that implements in C3 is almost all of it in C4.
In the very first installation everything that was in C3 was present in C4. From that moment on, everything saved in C3 is repeated in C4. Something is not translated, but I copy and paste and everything is resolved. One thing I don’t know is how to copy the buttons from C3 to C4, since they are not translated. How can I do? I tried to uninstall C4 and reinstall it but these buttons are not translated, rather they remain the ones previously installed in C4 before uninstalling. Question: when you want to completely uninstall C4, do you have to delete something hidden in your PC?