Cantabile 4 Alpha Available

Another change I’ve noticed in v4.

When inside a linked rack, attempting to view the plugin GUI by double clicking it or by selecting Plugin Editor… from the popup menu the window is opened minimized if detached has been checked.

In v3 the same process immediately opens the window maximized and given the main focus.

I don’t know if this is intentional or a bug.

Another small thing, noticed in 4014, if I right click the check mark on a route and select Create Binding in C3 I am asked to name the route and then I get taken to the wizard to create the binding. In C4 I am asked to name the route but not taken to the wizard.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Utility Slots, Sliders and Knobs

@brad

I finally got a chance to look further into this, and cannot reproduce what I was getting. So, no doubt, it was something on my end. Everything seems to be working just fine, but I haven’t used it with my full rig yet. Really love the sharp graphics!

Regards

Corky

Thanks for reporting this. I can’t reproduce it here myself, but I don’t think I have any machines with Intel Iris). Could I get you to email me two full screen shots of the main window - one with OpenGL on, one off. I want to see if I can spot anything else that might provide some clues.

In the meantime, just disable OpenGL.

1 Like

Bug

Not intentional

Sounds like a bug.

Thanks for reporting these. I’ve added them to the known issues page and will fix asap.

OpenGL.zip (1.7 MB)

Attached zip with 3 images: first with OpenGL Disabled, then 2 with OpenGL Enabled - first right after clicking on a menu header, then another after hovering to another menu (without selecting anything).

As you mentioned, I can disable OpenGL, which works fine, as the graphics acceleration is not important in most cases.

Just testing this. I can’t reproduce any issue with the plugin being “minimized” but it is appearing behind the main window - is that what you mean?

Build 4015 available now fixes a bunch of issues.

4 Likes

Nice - first “bug” spottet even before installation :slight_smile:

:+1:

…Touché

Oops. Copy/paste bug. Fixed.

2 Likes

Is anyone else getting the “Are you sure you want to exit?” dialogue twice? This just started with build 4115,

When you press on the PC keyboard by pressing the key corresponding to A ("+" key) the note F # is highlighted on the onscreen and by pressing the key corresponding to F (key “è”) the note D # of a lower octave is highlighted .
Up until a few previous releases, the keys were correctly aligned.
Is it my problem or a bug?

Bug, I’ll fix it.

(fwiw I made some changes to top-level window lifecycle management a couple of builds ago and still sorting out the side effects of that change).

Nothing has changed here in the last couple of builds and it works correctly for me, but I’m using a standard US layout keyboard.

1. Do you know which build this started misbehaving. If you can narrow it down that’d help.
  2. What keyboard layout are you using?

Brad

Hi Brad.
I double checked by reinstalling cantabile from 4000 up to 4016, I realized that the problem exists from the first version. Unless to have an optimal condition I have to completely uninstall Cantabile 4 and start over from 4000 onwards. In this regard, I do not know if uninstalling something remains that is not deleted and must be deleted manually. Eventually let me know.

My keyboard is: QWERTYUIOPè +

Hi Sergio,

So just to clarify, this is an issue in all builds of Cantabile v4, but works fine in Cantabile v3?

I need to know the name of your keyboard layout. What’s does Windows say in your Language settings for the keyboard layout. ie: this:

Hi @Sergio I think I might have found this issue with the key mapping. Please try build 4018 and let me know.