Cantabile 3500 "Technology Update" Now Available

@So_Godly / @Derek - thanks guys. Glad you’re enjoying the community - and thanks to everyone here who makes it such a friendly place :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@humphrey Can you send me a copy of log.txt from your settings folder. Also check for any build 3500 crash zips in the same folder.

Sure, file just sent through. No crash-file unfortunately.

Regards, humphrey

Just put up a new build 3503.

Nothing significant has been changed in this build except that it fixes some issues with the crash reports that was making them less useful

(not that I’ve had a lot of crash reports with 35xx - surprisingly).

2 Likes

For anyone who was having troubles with Cantabile 35xx failing to start, build 3504 (available now) should fix this.

2 Likes

Known issues:

• Expanding/collapsing sections in MIDI Route settings doesn’t resize the window. (fixed for 3505)
  • Collapsing last section in MIDI route settings also hides OK/cancel buttons (fixed for 3505)
  • Cantabile incorrectly intercepting some keystrokes to text fields in plugin editors (fixed for 3505)
  • Jump prevention only working in one direction for some bindings (fixed for 3505 and 3279)
  • Bindings with state behaviour “target” not correctly restoring “by index” targets (fixed for 3505 and 3279)
  • Globally bound keys (eg: space for transport) shouldn’t work when focus is in a text field (fixed for 3505)
  • Ctrl+A not working in side panels (fixed for 3505)

3279 and 3505 available now: http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/download

Known issues:

• Click (or tap) and drag on a column header crashes (fixed for 3506)
  • Starting Cantabile directly from the setup program crashes if using per-window resolution scaling (fixed for 3506)

Known issues:

• MIDI Filters window settings area blank (fixed for 3507)
  • MIDI Route Settings redraw issues second time opened (fixed for 3507)
  • Some dialogs when shown second time on monitor running at non-system resolution incorrectly show scrollbars (fixed for 3507)
  • Possible UI lock issue with touch screen interactions

Selecting multiple state behavior checkboxes using Enter key (fixed for 3508)

Known issues:

• Crash on editing a media player file (fixed for 3508)

3508 up now.

http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/download

Hi.

I have 3507 installed now on my Gig machine (inc Touch monitor), and it looks OK so far (albeit I am hardly pushing it whilst working on a new setup).

I’m still on the latest stabile 37xx version, but it seems that it is now safe to install the 35xx version, right?

I wouldn’t use 35xx live yet.

For the time being, I would be using 35xx for home and band practice only.

Anyone else seeing this on 3511? @brad

Dialog box 1 seems normal

b2

Dialog Box on right edge of side panel has yellow area and the Tool Tip Box message needs a ‘p’ on the ‘erformance’ word preceding metrics.

b1

and the States message needs and ‘r’ for the ‘ack’ on the last line

b3

I found spelling and coloration problems also on the Notes, Routing and Bindings Tab Tool Tip messages

b5

Other tool tip message boxes that need examination

• Metronome
  • Live Mode
  • Continue button on the Control Bar

All are probably related to graphics change-over

Thanks,

Dave

Indeed they are and I’ve already spent a couple of days trying to nail this annoying little bug.

I know what’s causing it - the text is measuring a different size when the tool tip size is being calculated compared to when it’s drawing the text - possibly because it’s moving between monitors or measuring at different resolutions. I thought I’d fixed it but left the obvious orange background to make it easy to spot if it came up again :slight_smile:

@dave_dore could you send me some details on your display setup - number of monitors, resolution, window scaling factor and Cantabile scaling factor and hi-res mode settings and I’ll try to replicate it here and get it fixed.