Build 3560 - Experimental (finally)

Hey All,

As mentioned previously, I’ve been holding off on builds while I get GuiKit ported to OS X. That work is now pretty much complete so I’m keen to get out a new build of Cantabile that incorporates all those changes and to start getting feedback on any issues

Build 3560 (download) includes this major GutKit update and a few other minor bug fixes. It’s a long time to wait for an update that doesn’t have much in it, but there’s lots going on under the covers (internally there have been about 60 GuiKit builds between Cantabile builds 3558 and 3560)

Please don’t use it live, but if you’re rehearsing or have time to just play around with it, please do. There haven’t been any file format changes so you can freely switch between it and earlier builds. Post any issues to this thread and I’ll address them asap.

I’m planning to spend the rest of the year stabilizing these changes and on smaller improvements and feature requests (and regular build frequency should now resume).

Brad

PS: For the technically inclined, here’s the major “under the covers” changes:

• Most of Cantabile’s C# code base is now built against “.netstandard 2.0” instead of the .NET framework. The small boot up exe is still .NET Framework, but the exact same CantabileApp.dll is now used on both Windows and OSX. (!)
  • GuiKit’s PC keyboard handling has been completely reworked to normalize things across OSX and Windows. This is the main area where I expect to see the odd bug.
  • GuiKit’s menu handling and command routing has had some significant changes - again to handle OSX/Windows differences.
  • GuiKit has had considerable other changes, but for the Windows version it’s mostly just been refactoring code with no real changes of substance.
  • Very little in Cantabile itself has changed (a couple of bug fixes, the odd change for OSX/Windows/GuiKit changes and a little refactoring). Nothing in the audio engine has changed
3 Likes

Looking forward to testing it!!!

Dave

Thanks Dave… it’s also got the fix for the Alt+NN bug you reported.