Bug? Tempo being rounded on save?

If I save a song which has got a decimal point in the tempo (e.g. 128.5 bpm), when I reload the song, the tempo reverts to a rounded value (e.g. 128 bpm). I don’t think Cantabile has always done this - can someone else check and confirm if it’s a bug for fixing please? Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe when fractional tempos were added, the implementation did not extend to actually saving song file data?
Would be grateful if this could be implemented/fixed in a future version :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

Hi @sideburnz,

I can confirm your issue.

I have checked on one of my songs. I have set the tempo to 140.5 and saved the song (BTW, after changing tempo, the dot signalling that the song had been modified was not shown). I have checked that the song file actually contained the correct value (140.5).

However, when reloading the song, the rounded value (140) was shown instead. Now, if I save the song, the rounded value is saved in the song file.

So the rounding must happen at loading time and not at saving time.

I suggest calling @brad’s attention on this one.

Gabriel

EDIT: I am on Cantabile 4196

Thanks @cdv_gabriel for checking and confirming it’s not just me! I’m surprised this issue hadn’t surfaced sooner! Hopefully Brad will give us an update on what the score is :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting. This should be fixed in build 4199 (available now)

3 Likes

Fantastic! Seems to be working now, thanks so much for the really quick update!

2 Likes