Bass Pedal plugin from Cherry Audio - Lowdown

Hi All,

For Bass Pedal users there is a new actor out there now from Cherry Audio. I liked the demo so far, interested to see if others like it.

Cheers!

Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave
I tried it a few minutes ago and I must say that I like it very much.
I’d like to give my small contribution, very simple, based on my personal sensibility.
I tried different sounds and I focused on Sub2, it has a good depth that suits my settings. I tried it instead of the B-3X pedalboard and everything changes, it’s a whole different story.
Sergio

1 Like

I have been blending in some Diva Synth Bass with some B-3X patches that use the pedal octaves for a while now. This sounds excellent for that task too and it has that instant Taurus tone connection in the patches. I like it …

The Sub 2 has a strong, very clean tone and I like it for that. I am also curious to hear Diva’s Synth Bass. I should try the Demo, listen to the Taurus tone and see the differences.

Cherry Audio plugs are very good. Been using them very often lately, as my repertoire expands.

2 Likes

Ooh! As a devotee (and owner) of Taurus, this makes for a good live sub.

I have recently tried the Elka-X and I couldn’t resist buying it. :rofl:
Some presets are really heavy on the CPU but it sounds really good.
Gabriel

3 Likes

I also listened to Elka-X some time ago and I must say that it sounds very good.
Almost, I do a one-off shopping… I’m tempted to get both…

Hi, Dave

It’s been out for a while (I am sure I posted it here…).

It is amazing, and replaces the old Taurus VST from Smart Electronix, which has always sounded great but was 32 bit only and no longer under development.

I snapped up this one immediately and got my Smart Electronix patches programmed, and they sound identical.

So it gets my vote.

Sorry Derek, I must have had a senior moment. :grin:

1 Like

Are they bundling this Taurus emulation with any other stuff?

I think we’re allowed a few… :smiley:

Here’s what I originally posted

HEY…that’s my gig!! I utilize it frequently. :older_man:

3 Likes

Well, then that means I highjacked Dereks’ topic and your Senior Citizen gig in one thread … I’m on a roll … :rofl:

1 Like

You may be, but I am on a biscuit. Don’t get me talking about cornbread… :grin:

1 Like

And now you have highjacked this thread … turn about is fair play. As far as your cornbread goes it made me think of chili so thanks for that, now I want both … :yum:

1 Like

What would this forum be without us hijacking a thread?

BUT, I concur…chili sounds good. Thanks to you I will thinking about it all day. :smirk:

Just to stay on topic, I will be testing a Cherry Audio plug whilst I eat chili and cornbread. :grin:

1 Like

Any idea if Lowdown would work with a Wind Synth? I depend on CC 2 (Breath) for dynamics rather than the Volume of Note On messages. Lowdown has no demo version, so I can’t tell.

Failing that, might anyone know of another Bass Pedal virtual instrument that might work with a wind synth?

Scroll to the bottom left of the product page, there’s a demo link on the purchase box.

1 Like

What an idiot!

Never saw the [Demo] link. Downloaded now and …

Lowdown works great with a Wind Synth … mapped the pedals to Breath and Elevation (the Sylphyo has an internal gyro that reports 3-axis orientation) and it is really flexible …