Ableton-style clip launching and MIDI sequencing coming to C3 very soon

Yes, for a few of us the wait is nearly over.
MuTools MUX v9 (the vst version of MuLab) will include a full sequencer and clip launcher.

2 Likes

Hi Neil, thanks for hinting. Just 2 questions:

1. Does this mean that Mux v9 will have capabilities similar to Session View Clips in Ableton available but on VST base? This would in deed be a long time wish (at least for me).

2. If I have a look in the thread you linked I can see it started mid 2020 (means one and a half years ago). Is there any information available if a release can be expected in near future?

Thanks and regards, Volker

Hi Volker,
I’m new to MuTools so have just been getting info mainly from the KVR forum.
Yeah, v9 has been in development for a while. It’s moving out of private pre-beta into public beta very very soon.
There is a video posted by one of the testers showing it up and running, very much like Ableton session or Bitwig clip launching .
MuLab is their modular DAW and MUX is the vst version. Up until v9 MUX didn’t include the ‘composer’ element of MuLab. But that all changes with v9. The dev says they will be virtually identical.
I’ve tried MUX v8 and it’s very good. It has a MIDI file player that has beat sync and start sync options. You can even edit the MIDI file, but not record.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, @Neil - worth to have an eye on this. :+1:

Regards, Volker