Loading plug-ins

When I just loaded Cantabile 3, as part of the initial setup, I listed 3 separate VST directories and the software found 80 of them but when I went to select them I had only 6. Is this program able to find all the 32bit and 64 bit VST’s but can only use 64 bit VST’s ?

Hi @Al_King,

Yes, the plugin scan will look for all 32 and 64-bit plugins, but you’ll only be able to actually use the ones that match the edition of Cantabile you’re running.

Unless… if you have jBridge installed, Cantabile will find it and use it automatically and let you use plugins from the other platform.

Brad

Hi Al,

If you’re running 64 bit Cantabile you need to have jbridge installed to run your 32 bit plugins in C3 X64. It should see and run most 64 bit vst plugins. It won’t list any plugs it can’t run. Hope this helps.

regards

Hey Brad and Dave… Thank You for the info. I will give it a try. Best…Al

I tried JBridge and it caused Cantabile 3 to crash. I tried it in both 32 and 64 bit, remapping the VST’s to a new directory and pointing Cantabile 3 to look there for VST’s. I finally had to uninstall it to even use Cantabile 3. Maybe I am installing JBridge incorrectly. It didn’t like JBridger. Please help…

Hey Al,

You don’t need to do anything with jbridger for Cantabile to work with jbridge wrapper.
You just install jbridge on your 64 bit system then scan your regular 64 bit vst folder and your regular 32 bit vst folder. Cantabile does the rest. Try that and see what happens…

regards

Thanks Dave… I will do that now.

Thanks Dave. It’s working fine. I guess I over-engineered it.

1 Like

“It’s working fine. I guess I over-engineered it.”

Heh - the story of my life! :blush:

Terry