Zenology crashing Cantabile

Hi guys,

Been having issues with Cantabile crashing, if I’ve got Zenology in my set list and I’m not connected to the internet. When the set list loads, it moans that it can’t connect to the Roland Cloud manager service then at some seemingly random moment after that Cantabile will crash…

I know this is a question for Roland really but I thought I’d post it here too, to see if anyone else experienced the same thing…

Cheers

P

All the plugins that require internet connection have been banned from my gigging machines. I don’t need the extra headache while gigging. There are hundreds of plugins that are plug and play, and will do the job just as well. That type business structure will eventually fail, especially for live music…remember early iLok?

1 Like

Whilst I understand Corky’s perspective, unless they have changed it recently Roland Cloud should function without an internet connection provided you connect it occasionally. It did not start like that and I refused to try it because of that, but when they allowed offline operation I gave it a go and liked it.

I actually stopped using it, because I didn’t want to install it in its default location, and that worked fine on the initial install, but subsequently on the updates it insisted installing in the default location and the install became a total mess. So it became too painful to work with. I ditched it and have not missed it.

1 Like

Yeah.

To be fair, even though they sound great, I think my time with Roland cloud has come to an end, especially for live work. There’s no way that you can call yourself a professional product if you crash a system because you can’t connect to a remote server.

P

1 Like

I have the same issue, even if I authorize right before I use them. I got a good deal on arturia collection and find everything I need so far.

1 Like

I even went a step further and replaced not only instruments/FX with tendencies of home calling but also sampled instruments. Now I don’t have to use Kontakt live anymore and B-3X is the only instrument where samples are involved.

1 Like