You know how you drop a 40yo keyboard?

Last Saturday’s show my Old Reliable Korg CX-3 fell off its stand—purely operator error—breaking a couple of the key caps.

Anyone know where such things could be found? I’ll also accept “Replacement Keybed” but I won’t like it.

Perhaps oddly, this is the second time something like this had happened, the first with my Roland Juno 60 that had a Fender Rhodes land on it. Other than the broken keys it was none the worse for wear, which would be the case here as well if the keys weren’t right in the middle of the keyboard . . .

Ah well . . At least Sweetwater will be happy.

I think I’d seriously consider treating it as a Midi Module and just trigger it from something else :thinking:

2 Likes

I mean there was an aftermarket mod, and I did play one in a studio once . . .

But sadly no MIDI on this one.

1 Like

Try here …

2 Likes

I have gotten parts from Syntaur before and they are great.

2 Likes

me too, I had a similar fix on a K2600 where some keys got fractured in a fall from a truck. (believe me Kurzweils are tough)

2 Likes

+1 for Syntaur

1 Like

I second that emotion. Replaced several keys on a Yamaha MOXF6. Quick shipping (at least to the US). The last post in this forum tells the disassembly steps. Not sure if the second one applies to the CX-3, but a quick demo of key replacement

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80027

1 Like