Workflow examples? Setup guidelines? Good practices?

I didn’t think in that. I’ll check it out when I get home. Thank you!

1 Like

I can recommend DaVinci Resolve for videoediting. There is a free version available (see homepage)

1 Like

This looks interesting. What I have done is to separate my intrument sections at the MIDI input level. For instance, my “Lower Keyboard” input is attached to my MOXF8, but filters out all expression pedal events. I then have an “Expression Pedal” MIDI input attached to the same keyboard that filters everything BUT the expression pedal.

My MPK261 is set up so the controls (knobs, faders, switches and transport) output to MIDI channel 1, the pad banks output to channels 2-5, and all note data (keys, mod wheel, pitch bend) output to channel 6. I then have separate MIDI inputs that only read 1 channel, and remap everything to channel 1. Same result, but done at the input level so I don’t have to add and route a rack for every song.

What would I gain by moving to the Thorsten method?

One major gain for me was that the bindings method is “state aware”, so my bindings-style filters can change automatically with the state. (As long as “Enabled” and “Target” are checked for each binding item you want this for.) Regular filters are not state-aware.

It also permits on-the-fly and state-driven reassignments that are easy to read, since the ports are named and one only needs to assign the different output without remembering which is which on the inputs side.

The state-awareness is the most important part though, I am thinking.

I take it you downloaded my zip for the MPK series keyboards?

Terry

Great stuff @terrybritton !!
Just goes to show how Cantabile can pretty much work out of the box for simple setups - and in situations which are likely to grow into monster rigs, preparing the ground work can add a magnitude of control and power to the whole thing!

1 Like

I just downloaded the public beta version - it looks fantastic!

Here is the link to the English version of the page:

The downloads are at the very bottom. They just released Beta 9 today.

Thanks for that, @Siggin0er!

Terry

1 Like

This thread seems like a definite winner for a webinar topic!!!

Terry

1 Like